Thread: Squid Moreton Bay

Free Membership

Squid Moreton Bay

Chasing some location/spots in Moreton bay for squid
    maybe co-ordinates
    Thanks in advance

Re: Squid Moreton Bay

Ant i donno about moreton bay but use a yamashita jig or a yozuri two of the best jigs i have ever used they sink beautifully but they are a bugger if u lose them, when i targetted squid very hard those jigs were $24-$26 each and i lost a few to the weed beds and snags

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Weed banks on the inside of moreton ,the front of redcliffe in the shallows around the bays islands.

Free Membership

Will have to try them out, thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Ant i donno about moreton bay but use a yamashita jig or a yozuri two of the best jigs i have ever used they sink beautifully but they are a bugger if u lose them, when i targetted squid very hard those jigs were $24-$26 each and i lost a few to the weed beds and snags

Free Membership

Thanks Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Weed banks on the inside of moreton ,the front of redcliffe in the shallows around the bays islands.

Ant try orange and pink jigs they go off also here in sydney fishing the rivers the squid love 2.0 and 2.5 size jigs but size differs with depth

If u think your retrieving slow enough half that speed again

Also if u drift fishing chuck out a squid jig and just let it follow the boat 7-8 meters out and watch the rod tip for a pull or slight jerk

Free Membership

Thanks Gazza
    What depth do squid like ?
    3-4m ?

$9 a kilo is the easist way of Catching squid me thinks , might not be live but near as good depending what your chasing ..

I have never fished in qld, down here the squid off a wharf are at varying depths they do like to sit just above the weed if u plan on squiding at night get a high powered head torch and dangle it over the side of the boat the light will bring the tiny bait fish in and squid following

I suck at squidding from a boat one time i lost 7 jigs one after another cleaned out my mate from all his $1 jigs after i lost my $24 jig

Another good way of squidding along the coast is to use a bait spike u spike a yakka thru tge mouth and out the tail toss it out under a float u get the big arrow squid and massive calimaris like this