Thread: Deep settings

Deep settings

Hi all, Wondering if someone on here can assist with some deep water settings?
    I run a Furuno 587 sounder with a p66 tranny. I can read bottom up to about 150 meters. Have read about people getting much deeper performance (up to 300/400 meters) with this exact setup adjusting settings in the TVG etc, etc.
    Would anyone be able to post a pic of the settings page they use in these depths to give me a base line of where to start?
    Kev

Ausfish Platinum Member

Re: Deep settings

I doubt if you will get "300-400m" with a P66, which, whilst an excellent all-round transducer, iis only 600w output. I have used one myself for several years, on an FCV-600--Performance really dropped away after 200m. While you might pick up a bottom reference in 300m, with no detail, I think that would be it. I have also used 600w Airmars of a similar spec (50/200), and the story is the same.
    If you really want to properly fish 300m, or more , there is no getting away from the need for a 1kw output transducer, with a sounder which can utilise that. In that respect, you are OK>