Thread: Is it a Disease

Is it a Disease

Every time you walk out of Anaconda or BCF you have Purchased a Rod or Reel that you dont reall need at present !!??..
    Just cause the price seemed too good ??..

Re: Is it a Disease

And that is a problem ... because? .

Although like most of these stores their prices aren't always the cheapest but occasionally they do have some good specials on. The too good to refuse type prices regardless of whether or not you actually need them. It's not as if the reels or rods go off and you just never know when you might really need them, in the meantime they just sit in the rod rack staring at you giving you a guilt trip that you haven't used them yet.

I would be lucky to go into one of those type shops once a year, lots of junk, no one who seems to want to help, give me a regular tackle store or boat shop any day.

Never done it in my life (please don't look in my shed). I usually go because my brother or mate is going while we are on the road, unfortunately there is the odd bargain there. Also some of the online stores have the odd special hard to go past especially when ones thoughts have been going in that direction.

It's only an addiction if you are trying to quit 🙈🙉🙊

Some of those bargain in shops are ok i dont spend a lot of cash on set ups but i have picked up $100-$150 rods for $15 in those special stands at the doors its worth a look

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ha! Just before opening the Ausfish page this morning, I had an email from Plat Japan that had a special on the 2016 Daiwa Certate with a 40% off free shipping!
    Not something that's been on my radar but I ordered one anyway just for the savings!
    Matilda

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I would be lucky to go into one of those type shops once a year, lots of junk, no one who seems to want to help, give me a regular tackle store or boat shop any day.
    I have had issues with some smaller Fishing Tackle Stores when I have been chasing something, and the guys there didn't have what I wanted so they tried to sell me stuff that they had in stock, which I don't have an issue with Per se' as that is a salesman's job, what I do draw the line at is when they talk crap about something they know nothing about and then try to convince me it is the same stuff I wanted. For example I went in to a smaller FTS as I knew they had some rod building gear, I was chasing Hyperlon for grips for a rod I was making, the store didn't stock it and the salesman tried to convince me that Hyperlon is the same as the EVA foam just a different trade name. So I generally stopped going to that store, I would much rather if the salesman simply said, sorry we don't carry Hyperlon and EVA is all we have, perhaps I could use that. But no, he had to waffle on and try to convince me to buy something I didn't want as being the same product, and in that case the two are not the same. So if that is the best help they are offering then they are no different than any of the other big stores.

So to me it doesn't matter if I don't get offered help in the big stores because if I do need some help finding something I will simply just go up to the counter and ask for it. Usually the bigger box mover type stores have a bigger range to choose from which is why I frequent them more than the smaller FTS, and they sometime clear out slow moving or clearance stock at huge discounts so it's a bonus. Where I shop simply depends on what I am chasing at the time, I am fortunate that I take the missus to the gym and I usually have an hour or so to kill before picking her up and going out for a coffee afterward, so in that area we have. BCF, Anaconda, Outback Adventures so between those three it kills the time and I just check out what's on offer, even though most of the time I don't buy anything, but occasionally there is something that screams out "Buy me" even though I don't need it at the time but it's too good to pass up and who doesn't like a bargain?

Well ive found out that Anacondas 20% sale is the every day price for outback adventure store when I last bought some lures, cant go pass a sale you never no what you will find.

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Every time you walk out of Anaconda or BCF you have Purchased a Rod or Reel that you dont reall need at present !!??..
    Just cause the price seemed too good ??..
    I can honestly say that I have never bought a rod or reel at BCF or Annaconda - most of the rods are pretty average & the better reels are usually at top dollar

So no problem

Now driving through Coffs Harbour …… that's another question

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Ha! Just before opening the Ausfish page this morning, I had an email from Plat Japan that had a special on the 2016 Daiwa Certate with a 40% off free shipping!
    Not something that's been on my radar but I ordered one anyway just for the savings!
    So what was the price from them with the dollar at .71.

You will also have to add 10% GST to the total too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    So what was the price from them with the dollar at .71.
    $399 AUD Delivered.
    Matilda

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I can honestly say that I have never bought a rod or reel at BCF or Annaconda - most of the rods are pretty average & the better reels are usually at top dollar

So no problem

Now driving through Coffs Harbour …… that's another question

Chris
    I think the wife’s happy that we live in Queensland considering the amount I spend on Mo-tackle....no doubt would be a lot more if I could just pop in.
    Matilda

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    I think the wife’s happy that we live in Queensland considering the amount I spend on Mo-tackle....no doubt would be a lot more if I could just pop in.
    The lolly shop always adds an hour to any trip north of Coffs

The place pretty well has it all ……. & that's the problem . I can go there & compare a Millerod to a Samurai to a Venom etc - not too many places where you can do that …. certainly not in Sydney .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO