Thread: Where can I find a replacement landing net net ???

Where can I find a replacement landing net net ???

Hi there everyone,

Unfortunately I'm laid up after having an old injury repaired in my right ankle. I say unfortunately, because it's giving me way too much time to think about things I want to be doing. I'm also turning my mind to things I need to prepare for when I'm mobile again.

I have a decent landing net but the netting is old, a little light, and has more holes than it's supposed to.

Does anyone know of a reasonable quality DIY replacement, or some other means of putting some life back into a good piece of kit ???

Thanks, Steve.

116150154_3372983686047155_11580529585354272_n.jpg

Re: Where can I find a replacement landing net net ???

Ooh, that looks painful, hope ot heals quick.
    Quality replacement nets are hard to find, I did get one for the Berkley soft plastic type (red handle)from Dinga fishing but they only had the one size. If I remember next time I'm in the shed (also laid up with crook shoulders so doing very little) I'll measure the size.

Geez Steve, That's not looking to good.
    Hope you get on the mend soon mate..

Col

Steve, the net I got a replacement for is 430 mm wide across the gape and 780 mm from the front to the handle.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Geez Steve, That's not looking to good.
    Hope you get on the mend soon mate..

Col
    Well Col, I'm pleased to say it looks worse than it feels. I rolled my ankle 90 degress a long time ago, but it was treated as a bad sprain - so twenty years later I couldn't hold the brakes on at traffic lights. They reckon they have deepened the grooves the tendons run in so they don't "roll" up and over the ankle 'bone'. The cast comes off in a week and then they decide whether another cast is needed, or just a moon-boot. Still, the advice was "non-load-bearing" for six weeks, so a while to go yet. At least I can dream about fishing, and watch no end of local guys and gals who make YouTube content on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Steve, the net I got a replacement for is 430 mm wide across the gape and 780 mm from the front to the handle.
    Thanks Dignity, maybe when I'm a little more mobile we could convalesce together over a beer !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzawookooka View Post
    Thanks Dignity, maybe when I'm a little more mobile we could convalesce together over a beer !!!
    Sorry mate, couldn't wait, having one now, would like to share though
    I rolled my ankle early this year and completely ruptured my ACTL as well as tearing the ACL and splitting a tendon. 4 months of intense physio has seen usage return but could have been worse.
    Misdiagnosis appears to be an issue even now. Mine was a sprain, my wife's was severe bruising, a week later xrays showed it to be a fracture but had started healing in the wrong way, her girlfriend slipped and fell and diagnosed again as bruising but a week later xrays show a fracture of the Fibula.

It sucks getting old. All I can say is definitely spend the time recuperating as directed.