Thread: How are we faring for outboard parts? Covid19

How are we faring for outboard parts? Covid19

Just reading on a group people are saying the back log in the usa is massive one guy said orders with his local dealer arnt being looked at for 2 weeks than they either go out the door or on back order some people are waiting weeks if not months

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Re: How are we faring for outboard parts? Covid19

people complain about waiting a few weeks for parts ?
    everything Is weeks out here

ordered a service kit for my Yamaha was shipped same day took a week to get here from qld

Blokes in the usa said mercury has shut down due to covid 19, i know we wait up to like 2 months for parts from japan but it seems its cripling the US

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Blokes in the usa said mercury has shut down due to covid 19, i know we wait up to like 2 months for parts from japan but it seems its cripling the US

id say we will be fine for service items as they dont come from japan but stock held here
    more random less likely items like powerheads trim pumps and so on who knows

overseas shipping is taking longer due to less flights comming here direct, deliveries from th euk which use to take 3 days are now taking 10-14

Yeah but thats the thing with the usa everything gets sent from japan to the mercury america than distrubuted out to dealers the people were saying since mercury usa closed doors im assuming the dealers are still operating which would not be a good look for mercury in the close future in the usa.. i can see everyone saying they should have supported evinrude

A bit too much too late

Having a outboard manufacturer in your own country would kick ass over ordering from japan so far away, all those very hard to get parts would be at your finger tips

I reckon we are yet to feel the pinch with a second lock down but will be keen to see where we head in the near future as for servicability of outboards and international shipping restrictions suprised it hasnt pinched us on the ass as of yet

Crap donno what happen with that post above

How are we faring for outboard parts? Covid19

Mercury are not just manufactured in Japan. Their World Headquarters are in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, USA

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en-gb/...ion/locations/

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Mercury are not just manufactured in Japan. Their World Headquarters are in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, USA

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en-gb/...ion/locations/

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums
    I thought it all came from Japan, that USA factory must be what the guys were talking about being shut down due to the virus