Thread: Jarvis Walker Handle Screw

Jarvis Walker Handle Screw

Moved the boat rods to check out the well for a Bilge Pump and noticed that the screw holding the winder on my JW reel, is missing looked around and could not find it. Rang JW Oz and they will post another one out for $9.

Phoned BCF and they will look in the spares box for something suitable.

Whats annoying I threw away a similar reel that had some sand in it, should have taken off the removal-able items.

10 screws on ebay $8.88 delivered but are they they right type.

Peter

Re: Jarvis Walker Handle Screw

Hi Peter,
    I'm really only a Penn guy, when it comes to older reels.
    Don't know that model, but if you can put some close up Pic's of it, I have a pile of different Penn handle screws, that may well fit yours.

Maybe a long shot, but I certainly don't mind popping some in an envelope for you.
    Just need to see what application it is ???

Col

Quote Originally Posted by PeterInSA View Post
    Moved the boat rods to check out the well for a Bilge Pump and noticed that the screw holding the winder on my JW reel, is missing looked around and could not find it. Rang JW Oz and they will post another one out for $9.

Phoned BCF and they will look in the spares box for something suitable.

Whats annoying I threw away a similar reel that had some sand in it, should have taken off the removal-able items.

10 screws on ebay $8.88 delivered but are they they right type.

Peter
    One thing I do with old reels is keep the drag nuts, handles with screws, pulled me out of the crap twice now. Fortunately still have bolt place close by where I can go and buy 1 screw or bolt which has also gotten me out of trouble. Most bolt places up here aren't interested unless you turn over $500 a month and have an account.
    What reel is it, I also might have one lying around, as Col mentions throw up a pic/model and if something suitable is found I'm also happy to free post.

Thanks for your replies, Will try BCF first when I get out of Self Isolation ( Visited Tibooburra in far west NSW)