Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Pride half cabin rebuild

Re: Pride half cabin rebuild

and why they left this left over timber half glassed in or , the purpose is why , future windlass i guess not sure what it does
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    anybody now what this is ?
    No idea cat shark, but to my eyes it looks home-made

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Ausfish Silver Member

if its on a gunnel its the adjustable slide for the canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    if its on a gunnel its the adjustable slide for the canopy.
    I had am adjustable slide but I used a sail track, but I think you have the right idea. My initial thought was a lone angler and this was what he locked onto while fishing, but probably over thinking it.

my my how time flys not alot of progress but switched to the trailer part getting it refurbished,, previous owner of this trailer had welded up all the drain holes so i filled em up with fishoil, 8 litres of heavy fish oil into the rails and cross members , just welded 12mm nuts on and drill thru the steel, bolt and thread tape to seal let it slosh around everywhere, and thought id color it in blue hammer finish soemthing diffrent with epoxy enamel three coats and three coats of a gal bite primer undercoat , guards was donated to me as their trailer was burnt in the bushfires so just brand new running gear , still to add a keel roller rack under construction an level the gaurds and bits n bobs
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks good Cat keep at it, where are u up to with the hull?

very slow with the hull , have to order some woven and bits from trojan so that will be a while , realisticaly my aim is complete stringers and floor by christmas but its a unknown , as you can relate , its lots of work , chipping away slowly will have to do

Yeah i can relate i had many many non motivated weeks even months i recall one time i did no work on the hull for 5 months but a big push for me was my sick mum i just had to get things done

Motivation is the key stay motivated you'll stay working on the hull, financially its pretty hard too especially when u go epoxy resin and even the cloth at $10-$12 per meter you dont get much for $100 its quiet draining

Stick at it Cat try order cloths from Colan Australia when there on special i picked up a whole roll of 630gram woven roving on special for $55 from Colan

Ausfish Silver Member

Any updates?