Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pride half cabin rebuild

Re: Pride half cabin rebuild

Sounds good where are the pics lol

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

well had a go today with my $40 ebay spray gun, first attempt at spraying , not to bad a run here and their , used single pac norglass and found out that i needed to do a better job at bog work as it showed thru the paint .like they say prep is everything
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cat that looks nice as is this your hardtop? Came out really well

was so rapt up in spraying the lid that i looked at the transom and thought yeah nah too hard today

one job out the way for another to follow

Cat see that left over ply in the transom drill holes all thru the plywood than just go in with a hammer and 12-20mm chizel and knock it all out

That top came out f.... awesome

i started drilling holes today to get that left over out , hard going slow and steady. got the chainsaw out and done a little rip as well getting furious , mad respect for anyone that does a transom removal
    Also i had a done a test with the paint and rolled and tipped a bit of the hull and after it flattened out , the finish appeared very good and covered fairly well for one coat .

Cat that wood should be very easy to remove, do u have sharp drill bits? Go drill 6mm holes all over it every where make it look like swiss cheese than step up the drill bit to 10mm and redrill all the 6mm holes than that wood should just fall out with a knock of a chisel

Great progress Cat, always good to put some Pic's to the job....

Col

Have you tried one of these
    https://www.ebay.com.au/i/2740814298...SABEgLR7_D_BwE

Or one of these
    https://www.ebay.com.au/i/2744311533...SABEgKhR_D_BwE

There are a variety of different types, the chainsaw style might be too aggressive though.

Jesus, one of those would be painful if it got near your skin! I had a "moment" when using a masonry blade when doing my laundry, one of those would take your flesh off quick smart, interesting gizmo though, I might get one for future jobs.

Yeah the first one does look very savage cant imaging droppibg the grinder and that running over your foot and up your leg

Crazy to even think they make something like that a grinder spins at 20,000 rpm thats crazy

managed to do more practice on the console going to retrofit this back into the build

tell you what the file sander is a real beauty does a great job quickly. used to be a makita brand name guy but nowadays i just buy ozito power tools and they do the job .
    todays work went methodical well until the final act of resin apply, matt moving around dropped brushes into the dirt gloves sticking to the little hardner bottle , lots of fun indeed but not to bad .

next weekend will clean this console up and spray it up and the color will reveal the color of the vessel im going with .