Thread: HIN Decoding Help!

HIN Decoding Help!

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some help trying to clarify the details of my boat's HIN. The boat is a Zodiac Pro 530, mainly used for diving. The issue is that the HIN doesn't seem to follow the standard coding as per the PPSR website (shorturl.at/jFKNR).

This is what I've got:

HIN: AUWWA193621AT6

My thoughts:
    -AU: Australia (and means that this HIN follows the post 1984 HIN format)
    -WWA: I think is the MIC meaning Waterways Authority of NSW, which became the NSW Maritime in 2004.
    -19362: I presume this is the Serial Number?
    -1AT6: This must be the year of manufacture but I can't seem to decode it...

Any help would be much appreciated. I am having issues with water ingress in my bilge, and am trying to find some some hull plans/info for my model.

Kind regards

Tom

Re: HIN Decoding Help!

Tom the hin you have put up is just a number has nothing to do with the make model of boat, the 'Hull" Hin number which is usually in the gelcoat or stamped in the aluminium and it is the boats build details in code

Hey Tom the HIN is a hull identification number applied and registered by maritime its not a manufacturers serial number

When u do a PPSR it may or may not come up on the registery as once a boat goes out of registration the HIN i think gets taking off some kind of register as when u want to reregister tge boat u need a boat code agent to revalidate the HIN only than it will come up on a PPSR as "registered"

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Also use this govenment PPSR check its $2.50

https://www.ppsr.gov.au

Dont use revs and rip offs like that they charge over $20

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Hi guys,

Thanks very much, that's very helpful and will save me wasting any more time!

Cheers.

Tom