Thread: suzuki 225 issues

suzuki 225 issues

Hey guys,

I have a 2014 model 225hp outboard and I am currently on my 4 crank angle sensor. When it first happened suzuki thought it was just the wiring harness and replaced it, but it didn't fix it. Took it to a private outboard mechanic who found the source of the problem, being the crank angle sensor. The sensor initially goes each time when the motor is under load and once it happens I have to turn engine off wait 20 seconds then restart it again, all good. Doesn't do it all the time but still does it and don't want to get caught doing a bar crossing and have it go again.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so is there another way to fix the issue as sick of replacing it every 6 months.

Cheers

Re: suzuki 225 issues

Thats really strange a crank sensor is just that they either work or they dont i have never heard of one failing than working again

Has yours been changed with a oem sensor?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Done some reading on the hull truth have a google it might be the neutral safety switch is what there saying.

I would think that after 4 sensors that whatever they are connected to iskilling yhem and is faulty itself or they aren't actually faulty and the problem is downsteam of the sensor - potentially harness or ecu ?