Thread: Boat Model and Outboard Info

Boat Model and Outboard Info

Hi all,

I have recently purchased a boat with outboard motor and wondering if anyone knows the model of the boat and if they know any info on the outboard motor.

Cheers

Jayse
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Boat Model and Outboard Info

Geez I hope they paid you to cart that away for them.
    The small plate on the side of the motor will probably give you the details on what you need and the boat may also have a plate on it somewhere inside.

Boat could be an old Pongrass or Savage maybe, motor is a very old Tohatsu, no idea of age though, maybe if you give us the model number we might be able to google something.

second for a pongrass too , side console project coming up perhaps

My initial thought was Pongrass Husky

Jayse if the hull is solid might be better to offload the tohatsu on ebay and get a 30-40hp, a 16hp wont push that hull

I owned a pongrass husky had a 40hp yamaha 2 people it went really well i put a shit old 70's vintage 25hp johnson on it went like a snail got caught out in a freak storm and were about to man over board scary night scared the shit right out of me

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Thanks everyone for your assistance. The model number is M16A2 and couldn't find the outboard on Google, must be too old to find info.

I purchased the boat and outboard for $200 as a project as it needs new steering, outboard throttle kit, electrical wiring, seats etc.

I think I might just give away the outboard motor as it looks pretty old and take the advice to.get a bigger outboard motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse00 View Post
    Thanks everyone for your assistance. The model number is M16A2 and couldn't find the outboard on Google, must be too old to find info.

I purchased the boat and outboard for $200 as a project as it needs new steering, outboard throttle kit, electrical wiring, seats etc.
    I think I might just give away the outboard motor as it looks pretty old and take the advice to.get a bigger outboard motor.

smart move. turf the motor, then spend a bit of time on the boat first. give it a good clean, then go over the whole thing to check whether it's sound. no point in purchasing another motor if the transom/ floor/stringers are rotten!

IMG_0120.jpg

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Hi Jayse,
    The Tohatsu is a 1978 - 1979 model. My best mate and i both bought new outboards for our 12 foot Clark Cutters in 1979. He bought the 16 hp Tohatsu and i bought a 15 Johnson. We thought we were doing fine as a pair of 16 year olds with our brand new motors.

Regards, Mick.

I had a little 8 or 9 of the same vintage as yours i think i got $300 from memory

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app