Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Everkool fridge drawer

Re: Everkool fridge drawer

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Nagg, next time you’re in there can you ask them what the issue is with the Dometics? Are they the newer CFX range?
    Hi Chris

The very first Dometic I saw is a newest model . The 2 in the boxes never worked from the outset .

From what I gather it's a raft of failures - incl compressors ......but it's the electronics mainly . The motherboards that control the compressor , the power circuitry & the LED display.

Apparently they don't test these things before they are packaged . Not only do they need to be tested - they need to be run for a few hours . ..... If the fan stops / doesn't work - the circuitry will fail . This is what has happened with mine.

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris, the definition around "assemble and commission" has not much meaning these days. Changing a badge and labels then turning them on to see if they run fits that description. Mine does not say where it's made, you'd think if it was made in Australia they'd be proud to say so.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Chris, the definition around "assemble and commission" has not much meaning these days. Changing a badge and labels then turning them on to see if they run fits that description. Mine does not say where it's made, you'd think if it was made in Australia they'd be proud to say so.
    Since you live near by - go & see for yourself ....... ask - I'm only going off their website .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Since you live near by - go & see for yourself ....... ask - I'm only going off their website .

Chris
    Been there a few times.
    One of the sad signs of our times is that we have demonized those who produce, subsidized those who refuse to produce and canonized those who complain.
    Thomas Sowell

Well - the thing is fixed

Evakool did pull back - citing 2 year warranty but as a show of good faith supplied all the parts FOC

It cost me $200 for Labour

Pretty well all electronics have been replaced with the exception of the compressor.

Now .... that's better than buying a new fridge but is a line in the sand ($200) - If it cost me more than that ..... I would have taken this up with the ACCC & cited our consumer laws

lets see how long it lasts

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Still seems hexy for replacing a few parts, lets hope it keeps running.
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Still seems hexy for replacing a few parts, lets hope it keeps running.
    I spent well over an hour with him as he tested / swapped out various components ....... so when he said 2 hours labour - I was ok with that .

I also know that this bloke will look after me - if it decides to crap itself again .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

That’s sad. These drawer fringes, if they could make them robust and really reliable would fit a load of applications in boats.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    That’s sad. These drawer fringes, if they could make them robust and really reliable would fit a load of applications in boats.
    Oh they are available ........ absolutely magnificent stainless steel models in varoius sizes / configuration - there are a couple out of Italy - Unfortunately they cost $2500-$4000

my fridge guy mentioned them - fitting them into big cruisers / game boats.

Look up Vitrifrigo

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO