Thread: Insurance..as always

Insurance..as always

Have had a change in the actual insurance holder this year because the local agent has sold his business.. Now Nautilus are the insurer at the end of the chain....premiums are a little higher and its not agreed value ..its market value....if I wanted to get a competitors quote..and I have 3 weeks ..who should I look to?.....I know from the industry..reinsurers margins are ridiculous.....

Re: Insurance..as always

Try go with a insurance that tells u your boats value i really dislike some insurance companies that hide it from you untill u make a claim and its next to nothing or well below what u value your own boat

I have used nautilus about 10 years ago for a tinny i found them pretty good from memory they asked what i wanted to be insured for amount wise i said $4200 for a allycraft cody on a brand new trailer with a brand new 18hp tohatsu its what it all cost me to piece together so i was quiet happy

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Not sure where you are located but a fair bit of chat recently about Nautilus not insuring boats north of about Noosa in Qld. Haven't confirmed but something to consider.

Inveratta you can achieve 'agreed value' rather than 'market value' with Nautilus but it requires you to get a formal valuation from a recognised marine dealer first. Generally speaking, all 'agreed values' default to 'market values' after two years which traps many people, There are about a dozen common, similar traps. Also when you say one premium is more expensive than another, have you checked they are for identical coverage? No, I'm not in the insurance industry but I have done my homework. Check out all the www for helminsurance and then go to the 'insider info' page... there are some real gems in there. Good luck.