Thread: Boating buddy for a day

Boating buddy for a day

OK.

Youse guys have put me off buying a very remote boat so now I'm inspecting one tomorrow morning (Thurs 23 July 2020) in Capalaba in Brisbane !!

This one has a 2007 140hp 4-stroke Suzuki with yet-to-be-disclosed hours.

Is there any chance of hiring a knowledgable boatie to come along for the inspection ?? Anyone want some quick cash !??

I'm a bit scared of not asking the right questions ...

Cheers,
    Steve

Re: Boating buddy for a day

Quote Originally Posted by Smakka2301 View Post
    OK.

Youse guys have put me off buying a very remote boat so now I'm inspecting one tomorrow morning (Thurs 23 July 2020) in Capalaba in Brisbane !!

This one has a 2007 140hp 4-stroke Suzuki with yet-to-be-disclosed hours.

Is there any chance of hiring a knowledgable boatie to come along for the inspection ?? Anyone want some quick cash !??

I'm a bit scared of not asking the right questions ...

Cheers,
    Steve
    is this your first boat ?
    how much is it and what is it

Yet to be disclosed hours? Red flag...

Hours wasn't mentioned in the advert.

Its a first boat. A 5.3m Polycraft Warrior CC.

I actually went for a ride in one of those 5.3 polycrafts before I bougt my cruisecraft. If it wan't for the crappy service from the boat yard, I may have been more interested. Was blown away how much room the Polycraft had, was erily quiet while motoring as well.
    Have a mate with one down here, the smaller version, he absolutely loves his, ya can't break them. I went out in the largest, around 6 meters from memory, handled brilliantly, was a beast of a boat, but the amount of flexing was alarming, didn't notice that with the 5.3 warrior.
    The trailer and the motor would be your biggest concern, the 140 sounds an ideal match, but condition, computer read out, service records etc is what you want to look at.... Good for you asking if someone can go out and have a look with you, hopefully some community spirit here will help that eventuate. If not, look for some one that does pre inspections, OR find a Suzuki dealership, go in and see them, ask if you can bring it down for a pre purchase inspection.
    You'll certainly have no issues with Rot with one of them...

Col

140hp on a 5.3m plastic boat that would get up and go

Hopefully another member can link u to a pre inspection guy to check it over

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    140hp on a 5.3m plastic boat that would get up and go

Hopefully another member can link u to a pre inspection guy to check it over

Polys need extra grunt as they are on the heavy side compared to glass and alloy.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app

There's a couple of things to check on that motor, do take someone who knows them, the oil cooler needs documented proof of service, the steel plug in the engine holder might be an issue (expensive issue) and ensure all internal anodes have been replaced regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by seastrength View Post
    Polys need extra grunt as they are on the heavy side compared to glass and alloy.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app
    Not much weight difference between the Worrior and Cruiseabout

I always thought the plastic hulls were light

Guys,

Just this minute the seller has sent me a text to say he's sold it to someone else !! Even though I had an appointment tomorrow morning !!

I thought I'd arranged the earliest time with him too ...

Not sure I like the guy right now ...

Firstly...well done ..wise decision..there will be plenty of boats for you to look at.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smakka2301 View Post
    Guys,

Just this minute the seller has sent me a text to say he's sold it to someone else !! Even though I had an appointment tomorrow morning !!

I thought I'd arranged the earliest time with him too ...

Not sure I like the guy right now ...
    When i sold my small boat at the beginni g of the year i had a lot of root arounds heaps of msgs on facebook, gumtree, classifieds everyone making times to view the boat some up to 2 weeks later im talking 10's of messages it was really hard to keep up i actually started getting pissed and ignoring people there was that much interest but no takers

Think 2 or 3 guys looked at it and 1 guy i ignored ended up buying it when i later answered him

When u sell something cheap every man and his dog wants it people will call u book a time and say they deffinantly want it than u either never hear from them again or they txt the night before and say sorry cant make it mean while the seller has turned down X amount of other buyers

What some people do is line up everyone first in best dressed your there to sell a boat not make a romantic dinner for two