Thread: Anyone with a Redco/tinka trailer under a fibreglass boat?

Anyone with a Redco/tinka trailer under a fibreglass boat?

I bought a second hand Redco trailer and looking for a photo of the rear wobble roller carriers.

My issue is that my carrier has three bolts holding in the carrier with this resulting to me not being able to adjust the width of the rear rollers to what I think is the optimum width. When I do the balance of the assembly is to the outside so that that rollers don’t naturally ‘fold in’ to receive the boat at retrieval.

trailer.jpg

So my question is would forum member have a photo of the rear of their Redco/ Tinka trailer under a fibreglass boat they could share – I am interested in whether a 2 bolt assembly is used for fibreglass boat trailers

Thanks

Re: Anyone with a Redco/tinka trailer under a fibreglass boat?

Hi this is the best I could do at night. Sometimes my last wobbler falls the wrong way and I have to fix it before driving the boat on. Cheers..Paul
    Attached Images Attached Images

If what I think you are trying to say is, that when you adjust the rollers to suit the boats bottom, the arm that holds the pair of wobbly rollers tilts to one side more than it should, if that is what your problem is, there is a small black rubber insert pad just under the bolt that holds the arm, and that needs to be replaced.

That is if I read correctly what your problem is!

Cheers

Ed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mine has the same rubber pads on all the wobble assemblies. Option B is to fit a counter weight so it always falls the right way.

SteveT: Here is a link to those pads if you need them:

https://australianboattrailerparts.c...block/4:10304/

There is a red Polyurethane version of these as well which is harder than the black rubber but I never could find out who made or had them.

I replaced all of mine with the Black version.

Cheers

Ed.

Just buy some Bungi cord and tie them down, as soon as the boat hits them, the cord will just stretch, seen hundreds (well, maybe not hundreds, but a few) with the rollers tied down, they are always in the right place then.

Love the link for the trailer parts

thanks

Yep, those infernal rubber pads, they make them too short. I just reversed mine in the short term, wait a minute I think that was 2 years ago, and it fixed the problem short term. I teach my crew to check it when they collect the trailer and I usually have a visual check as they back down. But I must admit mine are flat, no curved section.

Quote Originally Posted by stevet View Post
    Love the link for the trailer parts

thanks
    No problem, the prices for these pads are all over the place, I found that they ranged from about $15 each down to these at $1.05 each.

I vaguely remember having to slightly trim the pads down a smidge to fit inside the U brackets and on mine the bolts slides above the curved section as a tight fit.