Thread: old Qunniy cruiseabout - Needs Gunnels.

old Qunniy cruiseabout - Needs Gunnels.

Hi all.

Rebuilding a old quintrex 5m Cruise about, have removed the glass top, and now need to start prepping for adding some nice wide gunnels to it. Anyone else done the same hull, or similar job.

I can weld aluminium well enough, but am not up to spec on the engineering side, i will obviously overkill it, and over engineer it, but keen to see some others work, and even further then gunnels, any modified hulls, from the told composite front steer, to a centre console.

Thankyou

Re: old Qunniy cruiseabout - Needs Gunnels.

There's probably a couple of ways to go about it, you could get some plate bent to make the inside edge, or, you can buy an extrusion like most boats have to form the inside, it all just depends on how good you are and what tools you have. That boat was available in centre console when new.

capral aluminium do an extrusion for boat gunnels, i dont recall its exact name
    just ring a few bigger distributors of theirs

From memory my cruiseabout front floor stepped down below the main floor are u keeping it like this do u also have the small 2/3rd beds in the tiny cabin/bow if so will u be cutting those out? They wernt on all the models i seen byt mine had them

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app