Thread: Fishing the Sunshine coast

Fishing the Sunshine coast

Hi guys, Staying in Sippy downs for a few days and was wondering if anyone could give us a spot to take 5 kids to catch a fish, don't expect secret spots just a place to hopefully get some young green fisherpeople their first fish 😉😁

Re: Fishing the Sunshine coast

Head down to the Mooloolaba river. On the western side of Niklin Way you’ll find some weirs. Depending on the tide you can fish either side of them land based. The ground can be snaggy with a rocky bottom but with live baits there’s some good fish to be got there at times. Night time is better.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

This time of year I have had good success with bream from the small beach beside the point cartwright boat ramp using beach worms

I take my grandkids to the boat ramp in Bells Ck Caloundra. Usually lots of smallish fish around that area. You can also pump yabbies at low tide.

Military jetty Caloundra, rising tide using small flesh baits used to be the place to go for bream in winter.
    The sand spit at the mouth of Bells creek is always good for a flatty on the bottom 1/4 of the run out tide.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Military jetty Caloundra, rising tide using small flesh baits used to be the place to go for bream in winter.
    The sand spit at the mouth of Bells creek is always good for a flatty on the bottom 1/4 of the run out tide.
    Or there is a small beach opposite a car parking area, nearby toilets, park for kids etc. At Bells Creek, just as you turn the cnr . If you can't find it send me a pm, I 'll come down and show you as I'm convalesing with crap shoulders and need something to do.

Thanks, heaps for the replies guys, took the tin lids on Friday, and much to the two older boys disgust the 3 little ones all caught fish lol, one each but a fish is a fish, they are all very keen for another fish now, we have an Autistic son Jarrin who, without a doubt loves it. Showed him once how to bait, cast and retrieve, very happy dad with all of the kids. Thank again guys, all the kids ( and dad) thank you for your help. Cheers Woody.

Good one Woody there the memeries that kids remember,well if your the one that caught a fish,many more to come.