Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Qld covid border closures

Qld covid border closures

Dont know about the NT borders with SA/WA but a lot of road visitors go to NT via Qld and with Qld borders firmly shut, THAT option has been off the table.

I believe that there's going to be an announcement about that in coming couple of days.

My friend Mitch, works at Stanwell power station just outside Rockhampton and the power station has been going thru a maintenance partial shutdown.

Staff have been told that they will be getting an inspection visit next Tuesday by a senior member of Govt that will interrupt work scheduled. Some secrecy and speculation about who and why mysterious visitors might be coming.

Been thinking about that. Putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5 again.

Tuesday is 30th June. End of one financial year and start of a new one.

Qld govt has been under enormous pressure from regional Qld (particularly tourism operators) to open borders.

Regional Qld was where the labor party got "done" in the federal election particularly in CQ where Adani mine was the big issue.

Adani was quickly given the final green light by the Qld ALP govt immediately after the federal election. Qld govt had been stalling and stalling making it clear that they would stop Adani.

The results of the Fed election stopped the Qld govt's obfuscation in its tracks.

Anastashia "Pala-wheelbarrow" is facing doom at the coming state election in October. Her stubborn refusal to open the borders has exacerbated the existing anti-labor feeling in regional Qld.

A senior Qld cabinet minister told me that "the boss" (meaning Anastashia) cannot handle confrontation and would run a mile to avoid it.

I'm guessing that its "the boss" coming to Rocky next Tue to announce a date that the Qld borders would be opened. Maybe even an announcement or two of assistance to struggling tourism operators in regional Qld.

She could have done that at the state/fed meeting last Fri but wanted to be seen to be in control (don't they all just love the power?).

She wants to make the announcement in regional Qld where ALP stocks are low so she's going to Rockhampton to do it. Bit of secrecy involved (not much in way of leaks about who is coming).

She got hammered over Adani in CQ last fed election.

Rocky is a major crossroad in the Qld tourism trail.

Both local ALP members have been struggling coming up to October election.

Stanwell power station is isolated about 25 km west of Rockhampton and has good security so few protestors are to be expected (so little confrontation).

Some hopeful political kudos for ALP in regional Qld to be seen supporting coal industry by visiting Stanwell which is a coal-fired power station.

Its there next Tues morning that I predict the Qld premier will announce a date for the Qld borders to open (unless the Chairman of the People's Republic of Victoria seeks to come and share the stage).

So all you barra fishers who haven't been able to undertake some real barra fishing will now be able to "scratch your itch" soon. (No not that one).

regards
    Nostradamus.

Re: Qld covid border closures

Not that im a great fan of pallachook but with the Boarder Closure i dont know whether its been a good or bad thing considering whats happenning in the State of Victoria ey??..
    Weve been fortunate , lucky , or wise so far in the handling of this pandemic ide hate to think a little time in wait might stuff that up ??..
    Dont know??

If the borders get opened up and we get new infections here and someone dies I would not want to be the person that ordered it and you won't here from any of the businesses that wanted the boarders opened just more complaining it's a double edge sword and there very sharp both sides we have gone this far,look at Bejing 50 days with no infection and then a outbreak, and look whats happening in the USA they opened up and look whats happened.

Seems you folks above have been using your mobile to post and it's spell checking border to boarder ?

Any-who, Yes, announcement coming Tuesday.

It will be more like 1 person / 2sqmtrs, double customers in pubs and clubs, possibly sporting venues as well.

Given the state of affairs ( both Covid and Covert ) in Victoria, I am unsure if that border will open, but just maybe NSW.

Planes... ? Good question.

I think the focus of the announcement with be mainly about social distancing / visiting / groups.

LP ><>
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 28-06-2020 at 10:53 AM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Its a bad move in two threee weeks we will see a huge spike i just heard our local markets are reopening which gets thousands of people on a saturday its just crazy we are really going backwards

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

49 cases in Victoria today weres all the protesters now all denying they were at the protest ,there just as much to blame from qld borders not opening anytime soon.

Great point Chris, Lets not ease up on any measures unless it is in the form of a rally. All is good and justifiable apparently for one of those.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    49 cases in Victoria today weres all the protesters now all denying they were at the protest ,there just as much to blame from qld borders not opening anytime soon.
    Probably half of the positive tests are protesters......I can hope so anyway.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Probably half of the positive tests are protesters......I can hope so anyway.
    It's not though

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Other states also rallied Chris theee was a big rally in ACT Canberra but no recorded cases that i know of we also had a rally in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Other states also rallied Chris theee was a big rally in ACT Canberra but no recorded cases that i know of we also had a rally in Sydney

Yer they rallied everywere but the difference is Gazza a lot more covid19 cases in melbourne so a lot more chances to catch it as it's turned out they did, Asymtematic people are the biggest worry none in qld today so we are trailer blazers in qld if we start getting a second wave out of the blue covid19 will be here for a long time and as others have said we will have to learn to live with it.

There were only a few cases from the Vic marches. Vic seemed to be able to handle those so I don't have a problem with them except for the inconsistent signals being sent to the rest of the community about movement restrictions. Why should I abide by the restrictions when the Vic, NSW and Qld govts don't?

Its where these "hotspots" are in Vic where the problems are and probably have been for some time undetected. Now they're starting to emerge. I reckon that a few other "hotspots" will emerge with some in other states.

There's been some more talk in Qld in anticipation of a border announcement on Tuesday with Anastasia again playing ducks and drakes saying that any decision will be on the advice of the Qld CHO.

The continuing criticism of the borders remaining shut (the's 3 namely the NT, NSW and SA) has resulted in Anatasia blaming the QLD CHO advice to not open them. "I'm on your side to open them but the CHO advises no.
    So its the CHO's fault that they have remained closed"

The criticism has reached a pretty serious level now and Anastasia can now see a very bad election loss looming in 90 days time. There are also many elderly people in Qld hoping that the borders stay shut.

So now she reckons that the borders MUST open and instead of being seen to bow to pressure she has the CHO to carry the can again. " The CHO advised me to.......... etc etc and I've always said that I'd abide by the CHO advice.....etc".

Some pretty low politics has been played (and still is) by the Govt in Qld and it'll be good for Qld to get rid of this lot. Oppositions don't win elections. Govt's lose them. So basic question is " Has this Labor Govt done enough bad things to be thrown out". Answer appears to be a resounding yes.

Opposition just as hopeless so smart money in the betting stakes is seeing what inroads can be made in SE corner (labor stronghold area). Not by the opposition but by One Nation and independents with preference deals.

Qld only has 1 house in Parliament being the legislative assembly. Upper house was abolished many years ago so there is no house of review.

A hung parliament with a balance of power situation with independents is what regional people are hoping for.

What a mess Aus is in even BEFORE the Covid crisis particularly with the growing influence of China on everyday life.

The NT govt leased out Darwin Harbour for 99 years to the Chinese. Why? "Cos the NT Govt was broke. The Chinese needed of port in northern Aus to further its ambitions for an alternative route to the traditional old "Silk Road" path into Europe. The old Silk Road is turning into high speed rail links via Iran, Turkey, northern Italy etc. Chinese labour was used in some of those countries and why Covid got such a quick foothold in places like Iran and Italy.

The Peoples Republic of Victoria also succumbed to the money trap via the Chinese "Belt and Road" policy and successive federal govts of both persuasions have been simply giving ALL purchasing proposals the green light with little thought of national security.

I guess that Aus now has the opportunity to stop, think and hit the re-set button on the last 20 years of our development. We've seen what happens when manufacturing is taken away in the quest for bigger profits by companies. Aus has become a consumer society and is simply now utterly dependent on whoever controls the supply lines.

We need to reclaim our self sufficiency.

My head hurts again (and its from sounders this time).

Here's the diagram of the Chinese "belt and road" policy.

The blue line is the land component of access into Europe markets mostly via the old "Silk Road".

The red line is the new maritime version of access into Europe. Chinese working on both routes.

For the maritime section, China needs access to ports (hence Darwin Port) and others in SE Asia/Indian Ocean/Suez and Mediterranean (where the two routes meet near a port in northern Italy).

Now there has to be access from within Aus to the Port of Darwin. Probably rail line from bottom of Aus up to Darwin.

And Vic's good old Chairman Daniel fell for the financial assistance offer about infrastructure in Melbourne as did the NT Govt.

That financial and infrastructure assistance by China has spread into the SW Pacific Islands and New Guinea. All of these places have been putting pressure on Aus for more assistance with the threat to team up with China.

China's Belt and Road plans are reminiscent of Japan's Co-prosperity Sphere for SE Asia initiative in the mid-late 1930s (and we know how that ended up).

Think I'll go fishing.

https://www.asiagreen.com/en/news-in...western-cities

What's that got to do with the qld border closure.

Amazing !! Djokovic and Co had a Tennismatch n party afterwards and near all of them contracted Carooona , three four Rallies and no one wants to admit more than one case of the Virus !!??.. Amazing isnt it ??..
    I guess you cant let a Good cause or Story get in the way of the Truth at times ey , would spoil the Party..