Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Qld covid border closures

Re: Qld covid border closures

Thats the worry, people on trains and planes just getting off and dispersing into the general population, it doesn't take long for one to infect another, then another, we (in NSW) were doing OK but I can see a shit fight brewing, 8 cases yesterday, all were travellers from..........

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Thats the worry, people on trains and planes just getting off and dispersing into the general population, it doesn't take long for one to infect another, then another, we (in NSW) were doing OK but I can see a shit fight brewing, 8 cases yesterday, all were travellers from..........
    Don't even need trains & planes when ######## Sydneysiders behave like this

GS hotel.jpg last Wednesday evening - Golden Sheaf Hotel

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Don't even need trains & planes when ######## Sydneysiders behave like this

GS hotel.jpg last Wednesday evening - Golden Sheaf Hotel

Chris
    This can’t surely be real mate , if so that’s not good young self entitled people will do what they want . Exactly what they don’t need at the moment ,no way would we walk into anything like that .Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Has anybody here actually compared the number of deaths from influenza last year compared to this year? Its a sham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What has influenza got to do with COVID19? Completely different virus with vastly different death rates.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Unicorn View Post
    Has anybody here actually compared the number of deaths from influenza last year compared to this year? Its a sham

You might want to do some basic research before speaking crap...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...o-flu/12073696

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    You might want to do some basic research before speaking crap...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2...o-flu/12073696
    I swear the only way comments like this come about is because of social media. Some moron blasts some absolute trip on FB or YouTube and people just eat the shit up then begin regurgitating it.

there’s is a new word for themCovidiots.

Quote Originally Posted by The Silver Unicorn View Post

I think you’ll find the COVID death rates by percentage are a lot higher than that of influenza. You also need to know that Australia has done a lot better than most other nations.

I thought I read somewhere that on average about 5% of COVID cases result in death (not confirmed) but as you will see this is far greater than influenza.

Compare the numbers yourself, the data is easy to find.

IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    This can’t surely be real mate , if so that’s not good young self entitled people will do what they want . Exactly what they don’t need at the moment ,no way would we walk into anything like that .Matt
    It's real alright .. … sadly

Unfortunately Australia is full of these types of people - self centred little shits who just take the piss whenever they feel like it.
    In America - the same deal but they do it under the civil rights banner ……. people that are too dumb to sit back & think about the consequences …….. look oat the outbreak after 4th July

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    I think you’ll find the COVID death rates by percentage are a lot higher than that of influenza. You also need to know that Australia has done a lot better than most other nations.

I thought I read somewhere that on average about 5% of COVID cases result in death (not confirmed) but as you will see this is far greater than influenza.

Compare the numbers yourself, the data is easy to find.

IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6583.jpg

Shakey - If only I lived near the coast
    Yep Rona is a big step up from the flu …… I've head similar figures of up to 5% - it varies from country to country & the level of health care available . The thing is if you are elderly or with a precondition - the death rate goes up considerably ( look at Newmarsh house & the death rate there)

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    I swear the only way comments like this come about is because of social media. Some moron blasts some absolute trip on FB or YouTube and people just eat the shit up then begin regurgitating it.

there’s is a new word for themCovidiots.
    Sad but true...I certainly agree that social media is responsible for the dumbing down of society...so many dont bother researching anymore because they saw it on facebook so it must be true....

What many people dont understand is that because Australia has been incredibly fortunate so far in regards to covid caseload, what is not so widely spoken about or widely known yet is the long term effects of having survived a bad case of Covid...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...virus/12425102

Try telling people that have ongoing issues relating to heart, lung, or brain damage that Covid is a "sham"....

One of the other issues is that survival rates can, of course, increase the more that is known about the disease and the more drugs and health care can be tailored for the best possible outcome to prevent people from reaching the stage where ventilation is needed..However as in Italy, New York and other places what we dont want to see is a situation where the disease is running rampant and overwhelming the health system to the point where decisions need to be made on treating those with the best possibility of survival and leaving the worst cases to just die....

Some of the stories out of some of the worst hit countries are shocking with elderly left to die in their beds or in hospital corridors, health care workers dying from Covid, refrigeration trucks storing bodies because funeral homes were overwhelmed and mass graves in parks and paddocks for the dead....

Most of us know these things but thats what all those young idiots in the photo's that nagg posted are conveniently ignoring...The "It wont happen to us" syndrome.......well it can and still may...

As an aside if anyone wants to hear about the lighter side of millennials, selfies, social media and dating, I'd highly reccomend Jim Jeffries new 1 hour special "intolerent" on Netflix...its absolutely hilarious as he always is but not for the easily offended...

Don't be surprised if the Qld borders are closed again.

I think they should do a full scale lock down of the border now. Look at NSW. They started off with a staged approach and only locked out people in certain suburbs of Melbourne and a shed load of the, took the piss and now NSW is at risk.

Send all the NRL teams up there right now and then shut the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronje1 View Post
    Don't be surprised if the Qld borders are closed again.
    Step 1 in the re-closing at midday today
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...d-nsw/12445814

Complete re closure is only a matter of time. My money is on Friday.

Screw being in politics, they are damned which ever way they go.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post

Send all the NRL teams up there right now and then shut the border.
    How about they stay where they are and do something useful to help in the crisis rather than play grabarse...

Close the border tho definitely.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk