Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Qld covid border closures

Re: Qld covid border closures

I think as it stands, most states except Vic are doing OK, no person from Victoria should be allowed to leave, by car/boat/plane or walking, and no one should enter the state, keeping borders closed is inconvenient, but it's how it has to be for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    I think as it stands, most states except Vic are doing OK, no person from Victoria should be allowed to leave, by car/boat/plane or walking, and no one should enter the state, keeping borders closed is inconvenient, but it's how it has to be for a while yet.
    Yup its the younger people that contact the virus and the elderly pay with thrir lives

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

It's been very interesting down here in Victoria.
    I believe today was in the 70's, new cases, but we must quantify that, by the 10's of thousands of tests are now being conducted here. I'm sure if other states did the number of testing that is being carried out here, numbers would be up there as well.
    They introduced a new "law" overnight in Victoria, when these "Prissey" overseas travellers, were refusing to take tests before and after mandatory isolation ( at tax payers expense). They now must agree to testing, or they are sent in for further mandatory isolation for 10 days and fined. I believe that the government will be stopping, paying for these motel isolation conditions very soon. In my opinion, if your arriving back in Australia now, from hot spots, your taking the piss and should be charged for the costs.
    Cold weather was always going to be an issue with this Covid, it thrives in colder conditions, so Victoria's situation, was to be expected I guess.
    I have a brother in law, currently wanting to come back and see his parents in Queesnsland, who are both in there 80's. He hasn't lived in Australia for 25 years, and is applying for an exemption to do mandatory isolation and is throwing the " Australian citizen" card at authorities, saying it's his right !!!. I spoke to him and gave him an absolute serve, explaining he will be on an international flight, for near 10 hours, with strangers and in a pretty dangerous situation in a plane should a passenger have Covid,there's a big likely hood it will spread. But in todays society, it's all about ME and people just don't think outside of there own wants. He cares not about even his parents safety, he is just baulking at someone telling him what to do..
    This is partly why we have hot spots here at the moment, people being selfish and getting together in large family gatherings and putting the finger up to officials.
    I have a friend in New york, who was a bit of a nay sayer when it all started,, spoke to him on the weekend, he said Col, if seeing make shift morgues all round New York and Manhatten, when it was rampant, wasn't enough to put the wind up people, nothing else will...

Anyways, onwards we go....

Col

Agreed with most of that blacklab. Though there’s no evidence on the cold climate part.

I wish the media would stop headlining COVID19 quarantine infections. They come in from O/S, get quarantined and tested. There’s so little risk to the public here that it’s a non-event. The ones refusing testing should be cracked down on hard though. Tell them the 24-28days quarantine for non-testers is at full cost to them and watch how fast they change their minds.

I think it’s time we open up he borders to everywhere but Victoria. They need to lock down hard again.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Agreed with most of that blacklab. Though there’s no evidence on the cold climate part.

I wish the media would stop headlining COVID19 quarantine infections. They come in from O/S, get quarantined and tested. There’s so little risk to the public here that it’s a non-event. The ones refusing testing should be cracked down on hard though. Tell them the 24-28days quarantine for non-testers is at full cost to them and watch how fast they change their minds.

I think it’s time we open up he borders to everywhere but Victoria. They need to lock down hard again.
    Agreed, Perhaps those in and around Brisbane can arrange a mass rally under the disguise of a BLM event ( because they are ok apparently ) and demand the border restrictions between NSW and the 2nd State be removed.

The premier of QLD has gone way too far on this issue and is now looking very much a goose.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

You guys are fixated on the BLM rallies the rallies happen all over australia and only victoria bloomed yet your holding it against everyone in the march in all states of australia where so far i only know of a small number that were at the march with the virus yet u lot keep complaining about a speculation mass you will likely never get true numbers about wether those already stepping up or if there were more we will never know but your saying they are all guilty without a trial

They were illegal, irresponsible and given the circumstances of several weeks ago they were stupid. The potential was there.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    You guys are fixated on the BLM rallies the rallies happen all over australia and only victoria bloomed yet your holding it against everyone in the march in all states of australia where so far i only know of a small number that were at the march with the virus yet u lot keep complaining about a speculation mass you will likely never get true numbers about wether those already stepping up or if there were more we will never know but your saying they are all guilty without a trial

I hear you Gazza.
    But Don't get confused about the actual different issues.
    The BLM world stance, rightly or wrongly ,, is secondary to the Covid issue.
    The spread of the virus, is the only concern and you no-one should hide behind an issue and say it overides the pandemic we are currently battling with.

A young girl across the road from me, went to the rally here, she believed in the BLM, as do I and most Aussies.
    She now regrets going, why, she can't visit her gravely ill grandfather that is in care and he may not now survive because she now has to Isolate.
    The cause is valid, the timing and risk that could follow, is not.

Just my View

Col

Lovey, I think they are worried about winter and Covid, as the cities that were affectted most with Covid, that had the largest outbreaks, Wuhan, Italy, New York, london, to name the main ones,
    Were all in late winter. It's assumed that transmission in winter, is more rampant, but I'm no scientist....

I think there next move, is to lock down troubled suburbs, from what they are indicating today, not completely lock the state down.
    Interestingly, the percentage of positive test results, is 3 %, both in Queensland and Victoria and Victoria have tested near 1/2 a million more and still on a testing frenzie.
    Test more, get more positive results....
    Gunna be interesting how it tracks over the next few weeks.

Col

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Lovey, I think they are worried about winter and Covid, as the cities that were affectted most with Covid, that had the largest outbreaks, Wuhan, Italy, New York, london, to name the main ones,
    Were all in late winter. It's assumed that transmission in winter, is more rampant, but I'm no scientist....

I think there next move, is to lock down troubled suburbs, from what they are indicating today, not completely lock the state down.
    Interestingly, the percentage of positive test results, is 3 %, both in Queensland and Victoria and Victoria have tested near 1/2 a million more and still on a testing frenzie.

Col
    Except the USA and the rest of the northern hemisphere are in summer, mind you the temps that the northern europe ans the baltics have for summer is very similar to our (qld) autumn, early winter.

Hi Sam,
    New Yorks first casualty was in march, winter finished in Febuary for them, so it still would have been cold there in March, Autumn...
    I've been there in late march, and it's been as bitter as all hell.
    But hey, it's all guess work I suppose, if we had the answers, I suppose we wouldn't be where we are today...
    But, up north where you blokes are, is looking pretty good at the minute...

Col

I hear you Gazza.
    But Don't get confused about the actual different issues.
    The BLM world stance, rightly or wrongly ,, is secondary to the Covid issue.
    The spread of the virus, is the only concern and you no-one should hide behind an issue and say it overides the pandemic we are currently battling with.

A young girl across the road from me, went to the rally here, she believed in the BLM, as do I and most Aussies.
    She now regrets going, why, she can't visit her gravely ill grandfather that is in care and he may not now survive because she now has to Isolate.
    The cause is valid, the timing and risk that could follow, is not.

Just my View

Col
    Hey Col my neice and i think my sister went to the canberra march and are well out of 2 weeks isolation

What march did this young lady go to? The marches were like 3 weeks ago

Hi Gazza,
    She went to the one in Melbourne on the 12th June, and was restricted from visiting until 26th, which was last Friday . I spoke to her last week, when she was still banned from the hospital, mind you, she still went to her part time job and went out with friends, but the palliative care said she had to do a 14 day stand down and wasn't allowed to visit till the 26th. Haven't heard how her Grandfather is, hopefully she has now visited....

But this shows you how stupid some people can be, or rather thoughtless, they all went, but didn't expect to be given any restrictions by doing so.
    Let me tell you, she was horrified when they told her she couldn't visit him and commented, that it wasn't worth going and taking that risk..

My wife works in disabilities, every staff member was met at the door by the CEO and asked if they went to the march, if they did, they were going to be stood down for 14 days, because of the risk to the disabled they care and work closely with.

This is why, I believe, it was detrimental to the whole point and didn't do them selves or the cause justice by marching when they did.
    Important as it may be, it had an adverse effect. If the lass across the road wasn't honest and did catch Covid, imagine the devastation that could have happened inside a palliative care hospital to those in care... In fact, it was only her mother that found out about it, that stopped her.

Hard times at the minute Gazza, nothing is normal anymore...

Col

I guess i can see two ways Col but we did need the march just at the wrong time but again it just shows its a controlled country by the white people and people marching were showing its a free world to some degree

Col
    that myth may or may not turn out to be true. But it became a talking point across the globe when trump started talking about the virus going away when he weather warms up.

He’s a Moron.

they are now in their summer and cranking out ever increasing records on daily new infections. Looking at the charts. The active cases are now rising as fast as the early days before the lock downs. In short, I doubt there’s much they can do now. At current rates they’re looking at over a million new cases a month.

For the Mexicans, NSW and South Australia should just build a wall on the border and make Victoria pay for it.

Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.