Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSW Toll Cost From November

NSW Toll Cost From November

Bright side guysAttachment 121626

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Re: NSW Toll Cost From November

I think I might have mentioned this in another thread, it's been an issue for ages now, my mate from QLD towed his caravan through Sydney and got hit with big toll charges, he contacted the relevant authorities and was told to apply for some sort of discount, which he did, and he was very happy with the outcome.

Yes ..... I wrote a few letters to my local member & the minister for Transport

It was a cynical cash grab by the NSW government & their mates - An arbitary figue of 12.5m & or 2.5 m in height was just shit.
    I got hit in Sept last year for the first time on a trip up north ..... the only reason I picked it up was when I looked at my credit card statement & I had 4 top up payments for my tolls in the space of a few weeks ....... the thing is that I could count on one hand how many times I used a toll road in that time .... 1 day was $129.20 - Penrith to Middle harbour - return

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Holy crap, for whom the bell tolls...

That is quiet a sting Nag for a 50km run its a shame to avoid tolls its a very long bumper to bumper and hair pulling trip

Its all these chargers that make people move to Qld and fill our boat ramps up i think and all the other related excessive liveing expences in NSW, Victoria is no better,everyone pays Rego to drive on the roads so why so many toll roads the tunnels in brisbane and the gate are bad enough here.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Its all these chargers that make people move to Qld and fill our boat ramps up i think and all the other related excessive liveing expences in NSW, Victoria is no better,everyone pays Rego to drive on the roads so why so many toll roads the tunnels in brisbane and the gate are bad enough here.
    if they move to qld they are queenslanders and they become their ramps too dont they?

nsw wages are higher = earn more pay more
    the state government doesnt want debt so they let outside entities build them and charge a toll, same as those qld projects you mentioned.

and dont worry sydney ramps are full too and less of them then you guys have up north

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Mororways in Sydney i think are privately owned the owners must believe there roads are a highway to heaven and have never travelled one them in peak hour traffic lol

I had planned a trip to Botany tomorrow than i changed my mind and wanted to go south but now I'm looking at botany and just got a shock with the new toll calculator.

My Commodore is 5.04 meter's long the trailer's I beams were 6.5 meter's long that's 11.54 meter's than i have my engine plus the leg tilted easy 1 meter extra

Which mean's my rig fall's under a catagory "B" a whopping toll of $76.30 return trip no boat fuel, no car fuel, no bait, ice , food, geez

If your planning on building a trailer seriously take it's overall length into consideration

My tolls could have been $30 return trip had my rig been under 12.5 meter's

What a bummer, $76 is afull tank of fuel in the Commodore
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Sydney sux

fin

Winge winge f””ckn winge!
    Ya wanna tee off at the mens? Ya might need to work.

where are you buying unleaded for $1.30 a litre ?

and i dont really give a shit but what happened to mighty falcon

maybe one of the other boats might have been a more affordable option to live within your hard earned income limits

Quote Originally Posted by bobfromblacky View Post
    Winge winge f””ckn winge!
    Ya wanna tee off at the mens? Ya might need to work.
    A bit sour are we puss?

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    where are you buying unleaded for $1.30 a litre ?

and i dont really give a shit but what happened to mighty falcon

maybe one of the other boats might have been a more affordable option to live within your hard earned income limits
    Ford V8 loved it but it blew the transmission one night on my way back from the hospital left me and my mum on the road side at 9:30pm got it towed home and removed the transmission sump, The fluid was as dark as black current juice the whole transmission was fried was quoted $2200 for a rebuild but the transmission guy that serviced it 8 months before the break down said just run it untill it dies

It ended up having the fried transmission and on top a computer fault for the transmission where it had no drive in any gear's

I'm now driving a Holden VT Series II Calais, Old tow horse engines cost $500, Transmissions $400 and there are plenty of them

The ford transmissions were very hard to find second hand

Measured my car and trailer/boat this afternoon 12.8 meters so technically I'm illegally towing my boat around the limit is 12.5 meter's

The toll is a big deal yes because 12.5< meter's is $30 round trip 12.5> meter's is $76

But it's not a ball breaker i will use the toll money to go the long way around in fuel just its 1h 20m vs 40min down the motorway

My car only take's around 45 litre's to fill up if the gauge is reading near empty and the fuel light is on there's still 10-12 litre's in the tank, she takes from $65-$88 to fill up when fuel is around the $1.67 a tank last me 2 weeks