Thread: Port Stephens Moorings and Services.

Port Stephens Moorings and Services.

Hi,
    I'm looking at possibly moving my boat from Lake Macquarie to Port Stephens and wanted to hear of any good or bad points/experiences to help me make up my mind.
    Does anyone here have or had a boat moored at Port Stephens that could assist with a fair mechanic in the area, slipping yard and a mooring contractor as I can only find one mooring contractor for Port Stephens and they are over double the cost of the mooring at Lake Macquarie. Is it going to be a lot more expensive having my boat at Port Stephens??

Any info or recommendations would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rod

Re: Port Stephens Moorings and Services.

Hey Rod lake mac u have to go thru swansea bar to open water i have never been out on port stephens i have looked at the map and looks better to open ocean fishing than swansea

The swansea bar is tempremental one day we anchored right on the bar silly life learning experience, the second time i went to ride my jetski out of the bar and crapped me undies got my coudin the ride out and another one to ride back in the return said the waves were massive one up ya ass while riding the one in front

That kingy pen broke open a year or two ago mmmmm all those kingys would be decent size now zzzzzzzzz zzzzzz

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

That would have been an experience. Also at Swansea you have to book the bridge so it will open to get out and back in. It's a pain, Port Stephens is much better and fishing much better as well.
    Cheers

Ah ok i thought the bridge was manned all day thats a bit of a pain

Have u tgought about security of your moored boat if you dont live in the area?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app