Thread: Shimano Stradic 3000/4000 FL

Shimano Stradic 3000/4000 FL

Who has one and good ,bad , or just another Spin Reel.

Re: Shimano Stradic 3000/4000 FL

Volvo, a mate who repairs and maintains reels was not impressed with their build of late, and from memory he thought the drag system was pretty shoddy. Like most things today i guess, trying to reduce costs no doubt.

I have a few 3000 FK stradics and a 4000 FK probably all about 4 - 5 years old and use the 3000's all the time as they are on my plastics rods. Never had an issue with them other than a line roller bearing in the 4000. I changed the drag washers to carbontex a few years ago but thats it.

I have a 5000 FL i bought about 6 months ago, caught plenty of decent tuna on it and am really happy with it to be honest. For $250 i think they are good value. Id buy another one.

Time will tell how the newer one stands up i guess.

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not to hijack the thread, what is the Daiwa equivalent to the Stradic? Luvias, Sol?

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Not to hijack the thread, what is the Daiwa equivalent to the Stradic? Luvias, Sol?
    Diwa certate are nice
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Appreciate the replies
    Not that i need another reel , really but every now n again i get excited when one comes on special that looks good.
    Daiwa BG was another ive been sussing out.
    Cant justify spending Ks on reels hence i chase specials and do have a swag of lower priced reels that still do the job nicely for what i fishr for.

I bought a Stradic and a spinning rod a couple of months ago (3000 I think) to give me more line capacity than my existing baitcasters on big king

Works OK.

Shortly after that I bought a Quantum baitcaster with heaps of spool capacity and went back to the baitcaster even though I know its the unsuited equipment for big king.

Have taken a new month's resolution to now return to Stradic/spinning rod for king on gulp/ soft vibes and now use a Calcutta 400B/ Loomis CB756 for livebait fishing for barra and a Excense/Loomis CB756 as h/body barra rig. So 3 rods in boat now.

Stradic worth a purchase if only for retail therapy.

Bit of a mixed bag in techniques/eqpt but the Stadic is still in the mix.

Big kings fish incredibly hard the harder u fight them the harder they fight back my best was measured after a days fishing and was bent but went 90cm so it was more like 1-1.1m i have never faught a fish so hard i even caught a bronzie the same size that was half the fight of the kingy

While i was targetting kingys there for a bit in botany bay/port hacking/port kembla me and a mate were getting 70cm models at port kembla using a penn 209 level wind drag fully locked and the kingys were still pulling drag the reel was really hot

King fish fight really dirty

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Don't know if we're talking the same kings, Gazz. I mean king threadfin. My fault so apologies.

Stradic I bought is a 4000 series (had a good look yesterday).

It works OK on big threadfin.

Between the Strady 3000 and Daiwa BG3000 , both feel smooth , the the Straddys Drag is a tad better ??, which of the two favours best in quallity would any know from experience ??.

You get a higher drag pressure with the stradic 9kg vs 6kg. The 5000FL drag is a smooth as you'd want in my opinion, so was the drag in the FK's but i just changed them as they had had a good workout and i had some time on my hands one day.

The main difference between the 2 is the Fl is a fair bit lighter (80g) and if you're going to be casting for any length of time you will notice the weight difference.

As good as these forums can be sometimes, i wouldn't be swayed by what someone else that i didnt know at all, thought about something i was about to spend my own money on.

In saying that, Im sure youd be happy with either in that price range.