Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pods - the top reason to get one

Re: Pods - the top reason to get one

Just tie a rope around the motor and back to the steering wheel just in case

Gazza, you've overthought nearly everything so far. Just keep going the way you have been.

do you reckon they hit something at speed or the like?Certainly made a mess....shock load ?

The plywood mid crack looks really dark possibly wet? Notice the bung bottom left of the hull maybe the crack started there

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Pods - the top reason to get one

Gazza. Your transom and pod, from what you tell us are strong enough that the should hold twin 90’s, so you’ll be okay. Just tell yourself they ARE good and get on to the next chapter in this rebuild.

As for this picture, I thing there is more to the story than is being told/shown.

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish forums

Look at the lower mount bracket, it should be parallel with the swivel bracket,
    It's been rammed from behind.

Bottom right hand corner of pic looks like a steady stream of water draining out of the pod, whatever it’s parked on looks like a boat ramp too, I think it was wet when this happened

I reckon it's parked on a tilt tray.

Quote Originally Posted by Fed View Post
    I reckon it's parked on a tilt tray.
    it’s hard to see from the pic but usually tilt trays are smooth and flat with a tie rail edge, the pic shows it sitting on what looks to be concrete with a raised pattern for grip, far right of pic even looks like an expansion gap

i reckon it's parked on the boat ramp!

Quote Originally Posted by Cobbo1 View Post
    it’s hard to see from the pic but usually tilt trays are smooth and flat with a tie rail edge, the pic shows it sitting on what looks to be concrete with a raised pattern for grip, far right of pic even looks like an expansion gap
    We have that here in Sydney Cobbo some of our ramps have frames bolted down for traction i know the port kembla has diamond mesh bolted down

Thats the diamond mesh at port kembla hard to walk on bare feetAttachment 121606Attachment 121607

good get...gazza... would be interested to find out how this went wrong and why...anyone have an idea where the original photo came from?I have to say putting pods on old boats...and I have one..a pod... ..is a source of concern to me...although the fails I have seen are in the transom not the pod...did 75 clicks the other day with 500 rpm left...if I hit something with the prop leg..it aint going to be pretty...even if the relief valve works...

Quote Originally Posted by inveratta View Post
    good get...gazza... would be interested to find out how this went wrong and why...anyone have an idea where the original photo came from?I have to say putting pods on old boats...and I have one..a pod... ..is a source of concern to me...although the fails I have seen are in the transom not the pod...did 75 clicks the other day with 500 rpm left...if I hit something with the prop leg..it aint going to be pretty...even if the relief valve works...
    I never thought of hitting something that would be quiet the scene would be interesting to see how my boat would fare hitting a log or something all though i havent hit a log/tree in 20 years when i did hit it back than the little 55hp kicked up and revved off its head and chewed my propeller