Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1770 Meet and Greet 2020 Sept 4-Sept12 2020

1770 Meet and Greet 2020 Sept 4-Sept12 2020

Hi Everyone,

Many years ago I stumbled across Ausfish and it introduced me to 1770 and great bunch of dudes (and chicks or chick...or maybe just a feminine guy)... anyway... the group that once was plus many more are heading to 1770 this year and plan on re igniting what it once was. I wanted to post it up here because here is where it all first started....

Where : Agnes Water/1770 Meet and Greet 2020
    When : Sept 4-Sept 12
    How : Bring an offshore boat, a crew rent a house(in Agnes Water preferably) and join in the fun

I am happy to nominate myself as point of contact for the trip and can answer any questions you may have. My number is 0407 261 111 or you can message me. Lucky Phill has also been a brain trust and main organiser over the decade and I thought it was time to help with the organisation as it is quite a feat..

I hope to see some Ausfishers there

Cheers

Marty
    Living the dream, Barry

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: 1770 Meet and Greet 2020 Sept 4-Sept12 2020

Awesome! I’ll be booking tomorrow.

Edit. So it’s just me and the misses (she doesn’t fish offshore and I gotta take her because it’s our 27th wedding anniversary on the 11th September &#129322 so any Ausfishers who needs a boat to fish from PM me to sort a crew. Boat is a Tournament Bluewater 1900CC running a brand spanking new 150 Yammie. Will fish 4 comfortably. No charge just bring a Positive F#@K yeah attitude!

Thanks Marty, good to see Captain Seaweed on the forum again

I will be there from 3rd to 17th... I just like to give myself every opportunity to get as much good weather as possible.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Booked and paid! Wednesday the 3rd to Wednesday the 16th of September. 33 Grahame Colyer drive. Come on Ausfish, let’s resurrect this F@#$&R!😎

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Booked and paid! Wednesday the 3rd to Wednesday the 16th of September. 33 Grahame Colyer drive. Come on Ausfish, let’s resurrect this F@#$&R!

Great Work !!!! There is also a FB Page that I have put up which allows people to introduce and communicate when we are up there. I will share this somehow...Perhaps Phill may be able to advise if this is ok or not?
    Living the dream, Barry

Marty, Captain Seaweed! I though half you blokes must be dead it's been that long. Great to see some old names back again.

Been so long guys !!! Great to be back, nobody is dead but a bit older, fatter and less hairy !!
    Living the dream, Barry

The numbers are rising. Looks to be close to 30 participants.

Now is the time AF'ers to put ya hand up for this event.

You will make friends and learn so much. Maybe you'll forget things too......... alcohol has that effect.

><> ><> ><>

Please let me know if your keen guys!!!ends up being a great week. I look forward to meeting some newbies !!!!
    Living the dream, Barry

I would love to get back up there again, I will check if Alan can get leave.

Unfortunately we sold Bad-Eye some years back as weren’t using it, it wasn’t long before we missed the fishing and now have a Sailfish which will love it up there.

It has been a long time since I emptied the Agnes Hotel bar with a three day at sea bad fart 😂😂😂

I am there from 11th to 19th, I booked the week before school holidays as thats typically what it has been in the past.
    So hopefully you guys stay for two weeks

At this stage I am without crew which is a bugger so even though I have booked a house I'm a little tentative as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr__Bean View Post

It has been a long time since I emptied the Agnes Hotel bar with a three day at sea bad fart 
    A record I don't believe has been broken to date.

Yes Darren, there is a memorial plaque at the Tavern educating visitors on the National Event. Some staff have not returned to work since that fateful day

With a little over 2 months to go, things are shaping up well, weather wise.

Members of the Ausmates Society of Friendly Fishermen have lobbied " Huey " for favourable seas during our stay.

See you all there.............

LP ><>

Something to get the appetite going.

Ok i'm going to put this out there and see what happens. Recently I got confirmation that of the 3 crew I had lined up each and everyone of them have bailed on this years trip. 2 fellas lost there jobs due to COVID, one of them is back working but can't get leave, and the last one was always tentative and fell through. I've been contemplating a solo trip to Gladstone to head out and around Curtis island and head up to the Keppels. Something similar to 500miles from Gladstone to Mackay DVD by Johnny Mitchel but logistically I'm not sure how to do it.

So I'm asking if there is two keen fishos (preferably experienced so won't get sick) who would like to join me on the 1770 trip?
    I have booked a large house with 5 bedrooms and two bathrooms and has a fantastic view, have a reasonable boat ready for the trip (a Cruisecraft 625 Explorer in good condition)
    Have already done the wheel bearings and prep work on the boat, have already brought the mullet bait just need a crew.
    Preferably you would enjoy a beer but not an alcoholic lol and preferably non smoker whilst on the boat.
    Would be looking to go thirds in all costs, boat fuel, bait, ice for the eskies, food in the house/lunches etc and accommodation.
    Between 3 it's pretty cheap and from memory I think $1k would easily cover your share, but would be fairly split on what we spend.

If you are keen send me a private message and i'll give you a call.
    Cheers Alistair