Thread: Formosa V Tabs 520 Centre Console

Formosa V Tabs 520 Centre Console

Hi All

So after starting out with the Formosa 490 C/C, the price diff to a 520 is only $5k. TABS keep coming up in discussion, but to be completely honest, the Formosa is a slick, tidy looking, value for money boat! Haven't got the price back on a similar spec 520 in the TABS yet, but those who have been on this journey before... what were your thoughts/results?

I've not considered any other make (based on previous research) other than a fleeting glance at SeeJay.

Predominantly inshore use.

Any comments/feedback/suggestions welcome!

TIA T!
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Re: Formosa V Tabs 520 Centre Console

Hi T1,
    I just went through this same conundrum & ended up going the Tabs. Why? :
    There factory is close to me & after being taken on a personal tour through the factory with the owner it was obvious the tabs is very well built & they have constantly refined their product on the feedback of owners & are very functional.
    Buying direct from the boat maker gave me a sense of comfort if I did have any warranty issues.
    The Tabs came standard with some features that were on my must have list including a transom door ect.
    Price, for what I wanted they made a premium product for a comparable price of some pressed hull alloy sellers
    The formosa is a fantastic boat also & I don’t think you can go wrong with either, I ended up with a 5.5m Tabs Bowrider - & it has been an awesome rig so far. Happy hunting.

Thanks Spearking! The irony is Formosa is made around the corner from me too! Just have to go to Burleigh to buy it... The spec i've been quoted on has everything you could want inc the rear door & high tensile hull - in fact i can't think of anything else you'd need on there. I'll wait for the price from TABS & compare but it looks like that's what it's going to come down to... Thanks again! T

All good, I’m based at Currumbin so I managed to have a good look at the Formosas at Marine Tune Burleigh, I was after a bowrider & Formosa’s bowrider is an epic package but with a price to match, the tabs also had an underfloor flooded kill tank as standard, not sure if the formosa has that? All the best with you’re purchase👌
    CHARTER BOAT, WHAT CHARTER BOAT?

Hi , just a note I have had my TAB"s 5.1 bowrider for 15 years and still love it and just repowered her with a new 115 honda . And a bloke I know has had his Formosa for almost as long and loves it so both hulls have a good longevity . But as always it's who is looking after thye boat as well .
    Give a man a fish and feed him for a day , teach a man to fish and feed him for life .

Thanks GAD & SK! Ended up with the Formosa 520 CC... just felt right for us! And yes, plumbed kill tank included...