Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you wash out your tinny floor

How do you wash out your tinny floor

How do you wash out your tinny after a heavy day of fishing.
    I mean all the blood and gutz if you been smacking mackeral or tuna around in there.
    The new model tinnys with the back platforms for bait tanks and storage are tight to ther floor. No where for anything to get through.
    I cant see how you could wash stuff out through the bung, even just leaves or anything?

Re: How do you wash out your tinny floor

my boats garaged so i don't worry about leaves and if trolling for anything im going to kill i have a 100l esky that fish get put in straight away and dont let them bleed all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    my boats garaged so i don't worry about leaves and if trolling for anything im going to kill i have a 100l esky that fish get put in straight away and dont let them bleed all over the place
    Thanks steve. The 100lt eski would help but still theres always mess on the carpet be it old bait or mudcrab pots dripping everywhere.

Just don't get it so messy to start with ,yer I no what you mean thought just lift your motor up raise your bow as hight as it can go and hose the thing out washing all the bits to the back and use your hand to remove all the big bits and let all the water drain away and pick up the rest of it unless you have scuppers there's no easy way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Just don't get it so messy to start with ,yer I no what you mean thought just lift your motor up raise your bow as hight as it can go and hose the thing out washing all the bits to the back and use your hand to remove all the big bits and let all the water drain away and pick up the rest of it unless you have scuppers there's no easy way to do it.
    Buy some cheap hull liner/carpet, cut it to shape if necessary and just take it out and hose it down. If you already have carpet you can stitch some Velcro hooks on the underside.
    In my tinnie, I managed to get hold of some indoor cricket mats, that works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Where does the water drain, does it just find it's way through any gaps in the timber flooring then run out through the bung?

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Buy some cheap hull liner/carpet, cut it to shape if necessary and just take it out and hose it down. If you already have carpet you can stitch some Velcro hooks on the underside.
    In my tinnie, I managed to get hold of some indoor cricket mats, that works for me.
    I suppose so. Think I will look for a renegade style tinny without the platform at the back for me. Problem is the budget wont reach that far!

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherfriend View Post
    Where does the water drain, does it just find it's way through any gaps in the timber flooring then run out through the bung?
    And then I need to lift the floor every 12 months as somehow or other sand ends up washing through to the bottom of the hull there always seems to be a high iron content in it, most probably being washed down from those development sites and you can see where they start rusting away and causing pin holes. Of course the pin hole that was giving me grief was right under the thwart seat where it was almost impossible to reach.

Last time I had my floor up I changed it so that I had a centre section that was easily removable so I could hose through on a more regular basis.

Best way is after a days fishing and your about to pull anchor when u chuck all your bait overboard pick up the bait on the floor including all the squashed shit and throw it over the side, pick up and pack all your rubbish bottles, lunch wrappers etc in a shopping bag leave it on one side of the boat reachable while you are doing the tie down throw it in the bin at the ramp than when u get home u just have to hose her out, flush engine and your done

I find the sydney tap water cleans the boat reasonably well whatever is in the water kills the fishy smell in the boat

Nothing worse when its your boat and someone leaves a pilchard hidden and u find it a week later covered in maggots

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Best way is after a days fishing and your about to pull anchor when u chuck all your bait overboard pick up the bait on the floor including all the squashed shit and throw it over the side, pick up and pack all your rubbish bottles, lunch wrappers etc in a shopping bag leave it on one side of the boat reachable while you are doing the tie down throw it in the bin at the ramp than when u get home u just have to hose her out, flush engine and your done

I find the sydney tap water cleans the boat reasonably well whatever is in the water kills the fishy smell in the boat

Nothing worse when its your boat and someone leaves a pilchard hidden and u find it a week later covered in maggots

Hi Gazza
    Why not recycle your unused bait into burley? I mince all my unused pillies, squid and fish strips in a old food processor, add chicken pellets and tuna oil, mix it up in a sandwich bag, roll it into a log and freeze it for snapper burley. Works well and saves on the floor cleanup later. SS

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by seastrength View Post
    Hi Gazza
    Why not recycle your unused bait into burley? I mince all my unused pillies, squid and fish strips in a old food processor, add chicken pellets and tuna oil, mix it up in a sandwich bag, roll it into a log and freeze it for snapper burley. Works well and saves on the floor cleanup later. SS

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app
    More than one time the bait gets left in the boat and i find it days later lol once owned a VR/Lexcen Commodore a mate said he would keep the bait and take it home, i dropped everyone off and he didnt take the bait i parked the car and didnt drive it for 48 hours... i took a chick out on a date after it... think u get my drift

That smell stayed in the car for months and months

It was a whole shopping bag of pilchards and other bait it smelt the absolute worse

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    More than one time the bait gets left in the boat and i find it days later lol once owned a VR/Lexcen Commodore a mate said he would keep the bait and take it home, i dropped everyone off and he didnt take the bait i parked the car and didnt drive it for 48 hours... i took a chick out on a date after it... think u get my drift

That smell stayed in the car for months and months

It was a whole shopping bag of pilchards and other bait it smelt the absolute worse

Now we know why your single

A lot depends on where you launch. As mentioned sand finds s way into my tinnie as the ramp does not have a pontoon and mud/sand ends up in the boat. Most floors are not designed to be pulled up on a regular basis, I changed that on mine as it was surprising how much got down below.
    When I take crab pots out (been awhile now) I usually have a tarp down to catch the crap. If cast netting, I have one of those big soft tubs with the 2 big handles, cast, pull straight into the tun, sort and keep going. Probably about the best thought I have ever had on the tinnie. I'd tried every other suggestion offered bit one day this big blue soft tub was about to be shifted in the shed and I wondered if it would work. Love it, doubles as a blood bin as well.

One of these although a larger verdion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Never been a fan of carpeted tin boats. Where the carpet wraps around the floor it can create corrosion issues - specially on a boat that is left outside constantly getting wet. It wasn't unusual to find a large corrosion ring when we pulled floors up to run cables. On all my tin rigs the carpet is/has beeen removable so it can be cleaned externally to the boat. Water will drain around the edges although mine did have small gaps in the thwart seat in the corners where it met the floor. You could always fit small floor drains if you were concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Now we know why your single

Too scared to fall in love again Dig cant afford a women to walk into my life again turn my world around and take all my focus not with my mum being in her final years

Last girl friend walked away and took a piece of my heart with her i didnt realise how much she ment untill a few years after, i have been looking everywhere to find her just to see how shes doing but cant find her like ahe just disappeared

I have 2 other ex girl friends on fb i still talk too just this one that crushed my heart i cant find