Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Evinrude e-tec

Re: Evinrude e-tec

Thanks Noel i never knew Suzuki and evinrude had a fall out

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

I don't know the real story, just "whispers" around the industry.

brp never partnered with suzuki
    OMC did and they were the last time the johnson name was used
    they sold these along side the 2 stroke evinrude fichts

BRP partnered with tohatsu with some rebadged small capacity four strokes

I raced rotax max class in gokarts,

$3k for a 125cc kart engine that then had to be blueprinted to make sure it was legal as their manufacturing tolerances wernt flash
    and on top of that they would just change the engine and everyone would then have to buy the latest engine as the new one was 0.3hp better each time
    10 engines in 8 years their thinkning of the customer and not the dollar was obvious

the reason i bring this up is brp is all about money doubt they care about the outboard range as its just $$ on paper

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post

the reason i bring this up is brp is all about money doubt they care about the outboard range as its just $$ on paper
    No Doubt. Half of BRP is owned by Bain Capital Investments. When big investment companies get involved, anything not making a profit is short lived. Saw the same with Navico.

You can't blame the money managers, they are not there to make people buying outboards happy while losing money, anyone can do that, just sell motors cheaper, buyers are ecstatic, but the company will be short lived, these people don't invest millions to put a smile on your face, they invest to make more millions, if there is not solid return, they cut and run, finances are run on paper, if the sums don't add up, they ask why, if it's not the right answer, they act swift and hard.

So I guess this has solved the problem of deciding to replace oldtecs on a Vag with two new 3 cylinder 115HP G2 after the lottery was won.
    Now apart from waiting to win I will have lots more time to think about the next best option.

Virus free and enjoying life dealing with the hard choices!
    What could go wrong.......................

Ive been reading a bit more on some US sites and I think one of the pieces there probably nailed it -

Fundamentally they had a flawed business strategy - too many overlapping models, kept producing G1 alongside G2, lacked anything above 300hp which is critical in the US market. Their HO motors didnt actually deliver anything more. Bad original marketing strategy which was just to knock your opponents.

The old story - you got to be clear about what market you are in, align that with a clear strategy that leads your design and range decisions, market positively to your strengths, and then be smart and efficient about its execution.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

It seems like a hard market yet there are so many boats out there needing an engine some have shut down yet the knock offs are thriving last time i looked on ebay it was flooded with new chinese outboards being flogged off mid range 4 strokes

But these big competors that set the market are dying in the ass

bold statement gazza

one manufacturer has decided outboards are not making and profit and are going to stop making them
    no one has died in the ass

define midrange
    Mid range is 40-90 hp
    all i see is 25 and below parsuns and dodgy whipper snipper setups
    ebay is not the market by a long shot and plenty of fools are parted with their cash for junk on there
    and most of the time more expensive with less support than going to a shop

Was it really worth a response Steve..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Was it really worth a response Steve..lol...
    WTF.....Was it really worth your response ??
    What are you trying to prove with a shite comment like that, seriously...

Col

Steve been a while since i search ebay for a outboard but as mentioned last time i looked there were a heap of 40, 50, 60hp 4 stroke chinese engines these were not parsun i donno if any even sold but geez they were up around yhe 7-9k mark on asking price

Disorderly was that a crack at me because i mentioned u in my pod statement but not directly? You're an ass mate

I gave that pod a go and u shot me down at everything i posted untill it was finished than u shut up why dont u critisize it now im finished?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post

But these big competors that set the market are dying in the ass

This is the statement that doesn't need a response because its utter unsubstantiated rubbish..

We are flooded with midrange 4 stroke outboards from ebay...really...?

Strange that I have never seen a single boat with a midrange Chinese outboard in FNQ isn't it..?

BTW you can keep your personal BS to yourselves..

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    This is the statement that doesn't need a response because its utter unsubstantiated rubbish..

BTW you can keep your personal BS to yourselves..
    5 pages of good discussion,,,,, A bit of a harsh view on the market from old mate Gazza,,,, but Steve was correct in the reply he gave.

But you felt the need for such a condescending reply.....
    This thread didn't need your personal BS here either......

Col

Sorry Gaz ...Dumb thing to say... I shouldn't have said anything that would offend you.....I'll hit the ignore button now and be done with it.. .