Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ss75h or ss75m

Re: Ss75h or ss75m

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Deeper than I would recommend it for and no doubt on the transom rather than shoot through hull but pretty impressive for a 600 watt transom mount regardless

https://www.facebook.com/mason.schul...7035389966630/
    Mmm FB, haven't used it for a while, don't want to start again as its amazing the amount of crap I was getting has dropped right off, I then followed on by History.google.com/history and have had even lesd, any other way to get this info.

Don't think so Sam. Basically a video showing a fish return on the bottom in 500 meters. Not the best echo I've ever seen but fot a transdcuer that retails for about $160 it's hard to argue it's not great bang for buck. I find I stick to the special interest pages on FB in the main and don't seem to have too many issues.

Fitted up the transducer and have put it fairly low, I’m going to just make a bit of a sika fairing to fill in the gap between the hull and and the mount and give it a test
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfuzz View Post
    Fitted up the transducer and have put it fairly low, I’m going to just make a bit of a sika fairing to fill in the gap between the hull and and the mount and give it a test
    Just be aware if too low the water pressure will pop the transducer up, it did on mine and I can't get to it as it is below the duck board.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Just be aware if too low the water pressure will pop the transducer up, it did on mine and I can't get to it as it is below the duck board.
    It can happen. A gaff handle or similar and a firm push down will usually lock it back into place. The test run I did the other week we went WOT without issue. I have seen them where owners have put a screw through the transducer to stop this and they simply run the gauntlet with it being unable to kick up.

Cheers for the heads up on the kick up, I’ll keep an eye on it
    Mercury 115ct going strong😁

Just an update! As you warned the p66 can’t handle 40 knots, first trip it kicked up, transducer ripped away from the mount and left me with just a cable and a repair, so I’m giving the tm the flick and going to try a through hull in the pod ss164

Seen them kick up - never tear off. Bugger. Did it work prior to going full hammers down?. Going to do a fairing to allow for the change in angle on the pod or not worry for starters?

It was set far, far too deep. There is no need for that. Was an entirely predictable outcome, unfortunately.

Setting them too deep just creates drag and turbulence, so even if they don't get ripped off by water pressure, the turbulence created is such that a large bubble forms underneath and it destroys the images at anything other than low speeds.

The face of the transducer needs to be set just a couple of mm below the line of the hull, and the installation instructions from the manufacturer are always worth following.
    Note to self: Don't argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience....

Not goi going to worry about it as, explained to me which makes perfect sense is the bow is up slightly when under way which is most likely levelling it out anyway