Thread: Light switches

Light switches

I need to change my 6 gang switch panel. Now this particular one has the benefits of hilighting the names of the switches in red when in the off position which for someone who needs specs for reading is a blessing in the dark, apparently the labels are transparent. They go green when on. Unfortunately the last switch is Momentary, I'd prefer Latching, also the switches have diffetent amp ratings and supposedly have CBs, but I can't see how once tripped you would reset them once the problem is fixed.

Does anybody have these or something similar, the only similar ones I recall seeing were some Narva brand a while back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Light switches

Watch the Ebay rocker switch panels Sam. Got one for a mate a while back (different to this) - switches literally fell apart. Also have a think about whether you want the bright LEDS on when you are trying to see out the screen at night - will they reflect off your screen?

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    Watch the Ebay rocker switch panels Sam. Got one for a mate a while back (different to this) - switches literally fell apart. Also have a think about whether you want the bright LEDS on when you are trying to see out the screen at night - will they reflect off your screen?
    Thanks Scott, I finally found the Narva one which looks identical, 3 times the price but their website is really very uninformative. This panel is well out of eyesight just above knee height, so long as it isn't too bright I don't mind.

It looks like the switches used are Carling rocker switches although looks can be deceiving but if so I could replace the Momentary switch. Still trying to work out how you reset an internal CB.

They could be self reseting. Most likely a simple bi-metalic strip.

They could be self reseting. Most likely a simple bi-metalic strip.
    Scott, I finally found a seller today who had a photo of the instructions, which is more thsn Narva had, it said to remove the front panel to access the switches. I guess it is one way to reduce the width. I'm not sure why Narva site is so bereft of info, a lot of their panels didn't even have a photo and had only the briefest of brief descriptions.

They can certainly be light on for detail - pity as they make some good stuff. There are some pretty flash panels out there now but some do come at an eye watering cost.

Dig i think i recall Moose 'Anthony' posting pics of the flash switch board he sells maybe contact him to see about it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Dig i think i recall Moose 'Anthony' posting pics of the flash switch board he sells maybe contact him to see about it

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    Gazza, I don't want to buy a new boat. His gear is certainly extremely good, a lot he designs inhouse but for a different market. I'm trying (as you'll understand) keep costs down as I probably only have a couple of years left before I have to downdgrade.

They can certainly be light on for detail - pity as they make some good stuff. There are some pretty flash panels out there now but some do come at an eye watering cost.
    I ended up getting one of their panels (not the one I posted,) and it was from one of their retailer's that supplied the most info about the product. There prices for the same item varied by $75 or more. I still don't understand why Narva have this minimalistic approach on their website as they do have good products. I wad stunned that I couldn't find data on what CBs or fuses were available on certain panels let alone a photo of what the panel looked like or even the cut out size. Maybe if you had an account eith them as a retailer this would change but it doesn't give an outsider a lot of credibility in the product. Generally there stuff is pretty good, I've got a couple of their 50 amp link fuses as spare for my F150 Yammie, at $11 each cheap and better built than the genuine article at $50.

Howdy
    Yeah if your wanting just happy happy switch panels. there are crazy amounts of them. and pretty much most will do a pretty decent job
    Our panels and switches are aimed at a higher end for sure. though with a new CO2 lazer we are looking to produce some more cost effective standard panels shortly

Narva is a huge company and relies mostly on reseller and retailers with their OEM support. i have recently started using Narrva lighting in some applications. they seem to be pretty decent . not... the best.. but not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I ended up getting one of their panels (not the one I posted,) and it was from one of their retailer's that supplied the most info about the product. There prices for the same item varied by $75 or more. I still don't understand why Narva have this minimalistic approach on their website as they do have good products. I wad stunned that I couldn't find data on what CBs or fuses were available on certain panels let alone a photo of what the panel looked like or even the cut out size. Maybe if you had an account eith them as a retailer this would change but it doesn't give an outsider a lot of credibility in the product. Generally there stuff is pretty good, I've got a couple of their 50 amp link fuses as spare for my F150 Yammie, at $11 each cheap and better built than the genuine article at $50.

Marine outfitting solutions
    www.moosemarine.com.au