Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pie Warmer for the new boat

Re: Pie Warmer for the new boat

Know theres a wee Price Difference but quallity ?? is what im after and dimensions which i am awaiting ..

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Your Brand of Thermos Chris ??.
    Post #30 …. there is a photo of mine "Thermos" Thermos
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

https://www.bbqspitrotisseries.com.a...ouvlaki-kebabs
    Better appease the hunger this way and make the Fishing Trip a lot more comfy , stomache wise anyway..
    That's the funniest post I've seen in a while, that really made me chuckle Volvo !!.

Don't know my brand of thermos, one for water, one for coffee, there too small, so I have to get some more.

This has really set me going here,, re the pie warmer.... I can actually fit one in if I looked at it, I haven't finished off the cuddy area.
    But I always dismissed it, as my boat, is pretty bangy in the short stuff, the helm is well forward, so I completely dismissed the idea. I'll probably fit some trim tabs in this rebuild, that may well get the nose down and may make a difference, but geez, I would luv one for these cold Melbourne days out, but dunno just how much of a banging these pie warmers can actually take.....

Col

Chris t hats the same as mine Mate. Must be the Voodo gods when it comes to Thermoses with me.
    Like i said , first xuppa off the rank is good to go then spittable after that.

Quote Originally Posted by seastrength View Post
    Hi Volvo
    I had the same problem with my Thermos and ditched it after several cold coffees. Now use the Stanley flask shown in the photo. The trick is to fill the flask with boiling water the night before, empty and then refill with hot coffee judt before I leave home for the day, usually around 5am. Coffee is always hot during the day. Cheers SS.Attachment 121380

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app
    I haven't tried prewarming the night before, usually an hour or so before filling. Maybe that's the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    I haven't tried prewarming the night before, usually an hour or so before filling. Maybe that's the trick.
    30 mins prior will do …..

overnight & the water cools anyhow

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris t hats the same as mine Mate. Must be the Voodo gods when it comes to Thermoses with me.
    Like i said , first xuppa off the rank is good to go then spittable after that.
    Don't worry ….. I've spent some dollars on ones like the Stanley classic & Thermos "Work bottle" - They couldn't keep water hot for 6 hrs (in Qld)

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I just dug out my last Thermos ..... A Thermos "Work bottle" decided to preheat it & I'll put it out overnight for 12 hrs ( this one was shit) Anyhow after I preheat the thing ….. I felt the side & then measured the temperature - 39 deg C . The heat is going straight through it ( bugger all insulation) .... I've measured the water temp & sealed it up Thermos Work.jpg - put it out in the boat . I'll check it again 12 hours later
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Well back on subject - with the lifting of the zombie apocalypse travel restrictions here in NSW , I decided to bite the bullet & buy the marine travel buddy ….. not so much for the boat but more for the car . It was quite appealing the idea of rocking up to my destination with a lasagne or pie already heated up.

One question with regards to the plug they use - does everyone ditch it & go andersson ? I have the option for multiple plug styles in my canopy but I'm thinking if giving the plug the snip - thoughts anyone

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I have an adapter plug I made up that fits most 12V plugs which I use until the warranty runs out, then snip and replace with an anderson plug not only because I got caught out once on an item but also allows me to plug somebody elses unit in if necessary. The better plugs imo is the Minn Kota plugs but they do come a fairly hefty price.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Well back on subject - with the lifting of the zombie apocalypse travel restrictions here in NSW , I decided to bite the bullet & buy the marine travel buddy ….. not so much for the boat but more for the car . It was quite appealing the idea of rocking up to my destination with a lasagne or pie already heated up.

One question with regards to the plug they use - does everyone ditch it & go andersson ? I have the option for multiple plug styles in my canopy but I'm thinking if giving the plug the snip - thoughts anyone

Chris
    Did you get the larger model Chris..?...Should have checked the youtube review I posted a couple of pages back ...the travel buddy ciggie plug is notorious for melting yet they do nothing about it.....

The roadchef and kickass version uses the same Chinese components but upgrade to an Anderson plug, insulated door and a latch to stop your pies ending up on the floor when traveling...Kick ass is only 200 bucks as well....

Nonetheless I think all of them are very good things..

Last week the missus used puff pastry and made rolls with peppersteak in them she also did pork and gravy ones as well....man they were mouthwatering and the smell of them cooking out at sea on a coolish day is pretty nice too...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    Did you get the larger model Chris..?...Should have checked the youtube review I posted a couple of pages back ...the travel buddy ciggie plug is notorious for melting yet they do nothing about it.....

The roadchef and kickass version uses the same Chinese components but upgrade to an Anderson plug, insulated door and a latch to stop your pies ending up on the floor when traveling...Kick ass is only 200 bucks as well....

Nonetheless I think all of them are very good things..

Last week the missus used puff pastry and made rolls with peppersteak in them she also did pork and gravy ones as well....man they were mouthwatering and the smell of them cooking out at sea on a coolish day is pretty nice too...
    I did watch a few comparo vids …. incl the pulled to pieces one which was pretty interesting .

aside from the plug issue they are proving the test of time …. Also during the Zombie Apocalypse I wanted to support an Aussie made product - If Victorians are Australian rather than a Chinese knockoff.
    A $60 premium over Kickass & $30 less than the Roadchef wasn't a deal breaker

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

The Road Chef ovens were apparently built by an ex worker from Travel Buddy as he was sick and tired of never having any stock to build them and fill the huge lists of back orders that they constantly had.
    He seen an opening in the market so decided to do something about it which is why they are nearly identical but with several added improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I did watch a few comparo vids …. incl the pulled to pieces one which was pretty interesting .

aside from the plug issue they are proving the test of time …. Also during the Zombie Apocalypse I wanted to support an Aussie made product - If Victorians are Australian rather than a Chinese knockoff.
    A $60 premium over Kickass & $30 less than the Roadchef wasn't a deal breaker

Chris
    I doubt there is anything aussie made on any of them..

But if it makes you sleep better to know yours was assembled in China's southernmost province then that's cool....

I actually had one on order for 3 months but they couldn't fill the order so I got back our deposit and bought the roadchef which was cheaper at the time..….It worked out well anyway as for safety purposes I would have had to add a latch and insulated door regardless...my oven is located in the side of my seatbox right at scrotum height...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    I doubt there is anything aussie made on any of them..

But if it makes you sleep better to know yours was assembled in China's southernmost province then that's cool....

I actually had one on order for 3 months but they couldn't fill the order so I got back our deposit and bought the roadchef which was cheaper at the time..….It worked out well anyway as for safety purposes I would have had to add a latch and insulated door regardless...my oven is located in the side of my seatbox right at scrotum height...
    I was actually surprised how little heat came from the door on the travel buddy on a mates one ….. & sure the insulated door would do a better job or so you'd think - then again the TB can run at 200 deg vs 180 + there is a constant run mode .

Knowing that there isn't a big difference between them aside really from the insulated door & latch - I'd still expect the price to be significantly lower for the Chinese made Road Chef …… not $20-30 more. So that's just a price gouge from the ex employee.

Anyhow - time will tell

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO