Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pie Warmer for the new boat

Re: Pie Warmer for the new boat

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    This is the Thermos I bought ...... The 24 hrs got me hooked & if it didn't it was going back

Attachment 121376
    Ok, it looks like a trip to Anaconda, I was hoping to avoid any place that sold fishing gear, too tempting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Ok, it looks like a trip to Anaconda, I was hoping to avoid any place that sold fishing gear, too tempting for me.
    Plenty of sizes available too …. My 1.2 lt wasn't the biggest either. FYI I get just under 5 mugs of coffee out of it .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Why do you think I had the link so close at hand?

Would I need to bring my own battery? Does that then qualify as a galley and do we need to bring the kitchen nazi?

Matt
    How many pies and dimmies are you planning on. We need a graph of batteries per oven baked snack.

Kitchen Nazi is welcome but she may struggle with a 12 volt oven and #### all else!

This is the Thermos I bought ...... The 24 hrs got me hooked & if it didn't it was going back

Attachment 121376
    Does that 24hr claim include during Penrith winters, Chris...?

If so I'll definitely be getting one...

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post

there is something special about Penrith in winter. It can say 2-3degrees on the thermometer but it feels nasty like it’s 30 below out there.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Love hot pies bakery at stockton open at all ours for a feed on way to ramp and trip out.
    Last edited by Muzza; 21-05-2020 at 12:49 AM. Reason: pic stuff

This looks exactly what you are after. Takes six pies, but not sure how long it would take to warm six pies

http://www.12-24voltovens.com.au/tra...-12-volt-oven/

Sent from my iPad using Ausfish forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    there is something special about Penrith in winter. It can say 2-3degrees on the thermometer but it feels nasty like it’s 30 below out there.
    Winter & Summer minus 2-4 several times during winter & plus 45 in Summer . We certainly have some extremes.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post

I'll tell you what I will do for you

I'll conduct a 24hr test …. 12pm today to 12pm tomorrow

preheat the Thermos
    I'll measure the temps at the start & finish & keep it in my boat

That should be a fair test

Anyhow =- 92 deg C on fill up Thermos start.jpg

Oh & the outside temp is currently 15.1 dec C

Should be interesting

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thermos ???, yep i paid eighty odd smackaroos for a two litre Thermos from Harris Scarfe when it was up n running , Coff stays hot or near hot till the first Coffee is poured after dropping the Pick or about n hour after Boat is launched and from there Coffee is warm !!.. Never mind how much longer it stays in the Thermos ..
    Ive never had much luck with Thermos's and IF these Stainless carafe Thermos's are better as mentioned Which ide like convincing ide out there like a shot to buy one ...
    Or if someone out there has such a unit that keeps their Coffee hot for awhile , i mean hot too..
    Reason why i boil a Billy onboard mostly to have that HOT Coffee when needed ..

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Thermos ???, yep i paid eighty odd smackaroos for a two litre Thermos from Harris Scarfe when it was up n running , Coff stays hot or near hot till the first Coffee is poured after dropping the Pick or about n hour after Boat is launched and from there Coffee is warm !!.. Never mind how much longer it stays in the Thermos ..
    Ive never had much luck with Thermos's and IF these Stainless carafe Thermos's are better as mentioned Which ide like convincing ide out there like a shot to buy one ...
    Or if someone out there has such a unit that keeps their Coffee hot for awhile , i mean hot too..
    Yeh , I was boiling a kettle on board - but it's not practical all the time .

I don't premake my coffee - I take coffee , sugar & milk with me ( a bit of baily's goes good for special coffee) This definitely means you'll have hotter coffee.
    My last port Stephens trip - I boiled up the water just before I left Penrith (mid afternoon) I had hot coffee the following morning & warm/hot coffee later that afternoon …… It was hot enough - that was 24/25 hrs .

I'm less inclined now to take a kettle / burner with me for an overnighter unless I'm going to cook up a steak for dinner.

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

I once worked at spinks rd londenderry during winter it was freezing..

The reason penriff (penrith) gets cold is its at the base of the blue mountains where it snows yes it snows just 1.5 hours out of Sydney in winter

Me and old mates use to pull some long hours on the Hawkesbury River in winter donno what it got down too but one night i was sleeping between the front seats and the bow/dash on a 4.2-4.3 caribbean looking speed/sports boat we use to go out with 3 jumpers on and 3 tracksuit pants on and still freeze

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Hi Volvo
    I had the same problem with my Thermos and ditched it after several cold coffees. Now use the Stanley flask shown in the photo. The trick is to fill the flask with boiling water the night before, empty and then refill with hot coffee judt before I leave home for the day, usually around 5am. Coffee is always hot during the day. Cheers SS.20200521_152223.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app

Yeh , I was boiling a kettle on board - but it's not practical all the time .

I don't premake my coffee - I take coffee , sugar & milk with me ( a bit of baily's goes good for special coffee) This definitely means you'll have hotter coffee.
    My last port Stephens trip - I boiled up the water just before I left Penrith (mid afternoon) I had hot coffee the following morning & warm/hot coffee later that afternoon …… It was hot enough - that was 24/25 hrs .

I'm less inclined now to take a kettle / burner with me for an overnighter unless I'm going to cook up a steak for dinner.

Chris
    Your Brand of Thermos Chris ??.

Torn between two Lovers
    This One
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-STAI....c100010.m2109
    Or This
    https://www.gaganisbros.com.au/index...ory_code=40005

Just have to upgrade since this Pie Warmer Dit got up and running.