Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I replace this fuel hose?

Re: Should I replace this fuel hose?

how long do you leave the fuel between trips ? ive never used a additive and left fuel for 3-4 months at a time

joys of modern fuel the poms have it even worse with the junk they get served at the bowser

Warranty claim on $30 of hose thats 5 years old?? Replace it yourself and go fishing

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by stevej View Post
    how long do you leave the fuel between trips ? ive never used a additive and left fuel for 3-4 months at a time

joys of modern fuel the poms have it even worse with the junk they get served at the bowser
    I generally use the boat once a fortnight. Was told to use additive to absorb water condensate in summer. Yeah, fishing sounds a better option.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app

Last thing u want is outboard problems and you chose to change the hose and u need to claim under warranty and the dealer sees a nice shiny new hose and hangs your avoided warranty on u changing that hose

I think u took the right steps by going to the dealer under a claim if your going to change the hose ask the dealer for it in writting that its ok to do so and not avoid warranty

Something so simple $20 worth of hose if u blow a 10k engine and the warranty falls on the dealer not the manufacturer the dealer may try to wiggle out of it so cover your self there are shady people out there not saying your dealer is one but rather saying dont open your arms for a hug

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

As for a hose clamp you may find with use the turn screw clamps often will squash the hose and the hose will turn on the plug and can leak

The best hose clamps to use are double pinch clamps Tohatsu used them on the engine i bought new and i have never seen one failure yet on any engine all though they are a hard to remove once on

You pinch them with 90 degree wire pinchersAttachment 121441

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

a full tank wont get condensation build up and you have a water trap anyway
    waste of money using the additive if regularly using the boat.
    I
    pulled the 120l tank out of a 15 year old cruisecraft to clean the well out and was nothing in it

id rather replace that hose then wait for it to fail while haggling over $50-$100
    also highly doubt any warranty covers a fuel hose line buggering a engine
    12 month materials and labour from dealer and the engine warranty would have nothing to do with any dealer or boat fit out parts

Thanks Gazza and Steve for your helpful comments and advice. I stay away from things that I know nothing about. Safer that way, particularly with fuel and electrics. New Mako fuel line fitted by builder today. Warranty still valid as he sold me the original motor. All done for cost of 2 slabs. I'm happy with the outome. Back to offshore fishing next week, weather permitting. SS

Sent from my LG-H815 using Ausfish mobile app