Quote Originally Posted by seastrength View Post
Some great ideas there Chris, although after boating a tuna and mackerel yesterday, I do not think I will be trading my kill tank for an esky at present. Those boys can create a bloody mess if left on the deck! I like the bait box in the transom walkway and the leader dispenser is another useful tip. Will explore these options on my boat. I do not do overnighters and the need for extra cold or dry storage on my CC is not a high priority. I can keep all my kit under the console but expect the volume to increase exponentially as I explore more offshore fishing in the future. Thanks again for your tips and keep them coming. SS
Kill tanks are interesting - For many years I wanted a boat with a good plumbed kill tank …. now having had that for the past couple of years , I quickly found out the limitations . However I could imagine having a 150-200lt insulated one in a glass boat .
No doubt there are fish that dropping into a kill tank it a good thing …. mackerel , dolphin fish , tuna , wahoo , kingfish etc because they either bleed profusely , kick like a bitch or are just dangerous . …. these just go straight into the mackerel box .

Chris