Thread: Boat Loader 12v Motor Conversion

Boat Loader 12v Motor Conversion

G'day all,
    Bought a Rhino Rack side Boat Loader for my Roof Topper....as new....and has a 18v Cordless Drill Worm Drive Motor on it.
    Thinking about converting it over, to run off the 12v Battery, with Remote Control etc...just to remove the possibility of the Drill battery going flat 1/2 way into the winching.
    Without paying about $600 for something from the Original Manufacturer ( if it exists at all ) it seems to be a bit more involved than I first thought.
    Anyone done the same or know of someone/something similar.
    Don.
    "Magpie Navy." VHF 73.

It was a Woman who drove me to Drink......
    ....and I never gave her money for the Petrol......

Re: Boat Loader 12v Motor Conversion

think your cordless is still the faster option , maybe a spare charger in the vehicle somehow. had my dewault cordless for years and just got it rebuilt and its like new again, near wrips my wrist off when i torque up .. a good cordless will do the job for many trips,, looks like a good system anyhow the rhino side loader... how or can you lubricate the worm screw..

Re: Boat Loader 12v Motor Conversion

If a 12 volt drill has enough torque to run it, it would probably be easier to modify one of them by adding a power cord and plug. There are also 12 volt impact wrenches that run off the vehicle available fairly cheap. Ultimately though a car charger and / or second battery may prove the most useful outside the boat loader operation.