Thread: Clarification - Covid-19 & traveling to Fish (NSW)

Clarification - Covid-19 & traveling to Fish (NSW)

Well after sending off several emails seeking clarification for how far I can travel to fish - I received a personal phone call from the NSW Police ministers office I spoke to a pleasant lady who clarified everything.

Living in Penrith - I have to travel to places like Brooklyn , Rose Bay , Botany Bay to access the sea - that's typically 70-80km which to me was a concern.

Anyhow - It's not a problem .

As long as I'm travelling to fish & the distance is reasonable for a days fishing trip . Brooklyn , Sydney , Wollongong …. all fair and reasonable.
    She said that you would not likely be pulled over if you were traveling with boat in tow , on your own or with a mate & adhering to the road rules.
    if your car was chockers with camping gear several people - you probably would.
    The key is fair & reasonable for a day out on the boat fishing.

What they don't want is people travelling to other regions to fish to eliminate spreading Covid 19 to communities that could not handle an outbreak .
    She said the people who were being pulled over & fined were usually doing something that was outside of the current restrictions or breaking the law in some other manner.
    Interestingly she said that the regulations were deliberately kept ambiguous because ultimately they wanted people to stay at home as much as possible. .

I thanked her for calling me & her reply was that she didn't want me waiting weeks for a written response from the minister when she could clarify the regulations & allay any concerns that I may have been in breech of the law.

That made my Friday afternoon

Chris

PS - Note This is for NSW only
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Clarification - Covid-19 & traveling to Fish (NSW)

In QLD they have imposed 50k from home.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    In QLD they have imposed 50k from home.
    That is coming in tomorrow isn't it ?
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

They still havn't opened the Dam's.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ehsman View Post
    So I hear ….
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    That is coming in tomorrow isn't it ?
    Yes from today .

Good to hear...!....now we expect some fish pics please..

Deleted post
    I stuffed up
    Shawn

Hey Barry
    Received this email during the week
    As at 6am on Saturday 2 May 2020, Seqwater recreation sites will be reopened but swimming, camping, playgrounds and barbeques will be closed.

This is to ensure social distancing and hygiene safety can be maintained at our sites.
    Keeping in line with Queensland Government directions, visitors must stay within 50km of their homes to access Seqwater sites and outings are limited to members of the same household or an individual and one friend. Police and compliance officers will be monitoring recreation areas and you will be asked to leave if you are non-compliant. Sites may also be closed if visitors are ignoring social distancing guidelines or contravening directions of the Chief Health Officer.
    Our recreation sites opening hours are 6am to 5:30pm between May and August.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn 66 View Post
    Hey Barry
    Received this email during the week
    As at 6am on Saturday 2 May 2020, Seqwater recreation sites will be reopened but swimming, camping, playgrounds and barbeques will be closed.

This is to ensure social distancing and hygiene safety can be maintained at our sites.
    Keeping in line with Queensland Government directions, visitors must stay within 50km of their homes to access Seqwater sites and outings are limited to members of the same household or an individual and one friend. Police and compliance officers will be monitoring recreation areas and you will be asked to leave if you are non-compliant. Sites may also be closed if visitors are ignoring social distancing guidelines or contravening directions of the Chief Health Officer.
    Our recreation sites opening hours are 6am to 5:30pm between May and August.
    Thank's mate but i am in NSW not open here yet.

Thank's mate but i am in NSW not open here yet.
    OOPS,
    Sorry mate,my bad.
    Shawn

Went out yesterday afternoon across thd Caloundra Bar chasing a feed with a mate and while launching we both commented at the same time "looks like it's back to normal" it was in relation to having jet ski's tearing up and down the passage, one guy we reckon was close on 40 knots right through a 6 knot zone. Pity the water police boat was about 2 mins behind him would have loved to have seen him pinged.

A bit like that here Dig i just went over to see my mum and sister traffic as usual cars everywhere and petrol going up $1.20L now

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Well after sending off several emails seeking clarification for how far I can travel to fish - I received a personal phone call from the NSW Police ministers office I spoke to a pleasant lady who clarified everything.

Living in Penrith - I have to travel to places like Brooklyn , Rose Bay , Botany Bay to access the sea - that's typically 70-80km which to me was a concern.

Anyhow - It's not a problem .

As long as I'm travelling to fish & the distance is reasonable for a days fishing trip . Brooklyn , Sydney , Wollongong …. all fair and reasonable.
    She said that you would not likely be pulled over if you were traveling with boat in tow , on your own or with a mate & adhering to the road rules.
    if your car was chockers with camping gear several people - you probably would.
    The key is fair & reasonable for a day out on the boat fishing.

What they don't want is people travelling to other regions to fish to eliminate spreading Covid 19 to communities that could not handle an outbreak .
    She said the people who were being pulled over & fined were usually doing something that was outside of the current restrictions or breaking the law in some other manner.
    Interestingly she said that the regulations were deliberately kept ambiguous because ultimately they wanted people to stay at home as much as possible. .

I thanked her for calling me & her reply was that she didn't want me waiting weeks for a written response from the minister when she could clarify the regulations & allay any concerns that I may have been in breech of the law.

That made my Friday afternoon

Chris

PS - Note This is for NSW only
    pretty much in line with everything I had been saying. Common sense and don’t be obviously breaking rules

hope you got out for a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    pretty much in line with everything I had been saying. Common sense and don’t be obviously breaking rules

hope you got out for a fish
    Several weeks of pleasant weather turned to crap .

There were so many mixed messages out there …. to me , no one really knew & would anecdotally use the point of driving past a police car or go through a RBT us justification of their belief - really they had no idea

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO