Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trailer mover?

Re: Trailer mover?

Not sure how there pricing works Dig i think they are in the USA there is a guy on ebay aus flogging his axle and wheel kits with plans for purchasers to that previous linked sites movers

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Dig this guy does a kit https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorise...UAAOSwWDRbNLYD a bit pricey and hard to see those little gold bushes/adaptors can handle 600kg+ of torque and not sure who flogged whos idea on the frame but if these pullers can move 12,000lb load thats gotta be over 5000kg load that is bloody huge

Throwing this out there do u guys think this could work as a mover with a couple of wheels and wire up the motor to a toggle switch?

This motor and worm gearbox put out 351N.M my V8 Ford only has 400N.M of torque at the rear wheels

So im thinking it may just work whats your opinions?

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBa...=0&cspheader=1

Gazza, for a start it is a 240V 2.2kw 3HP motor and geared down it does 47rpm, so you will need to run an 240V extension lead to power it and you will need to make a shaft, frame and cogs to drive the wheels, why not start with something easier such as a 4500kg 12V 4wd winch, you can pick them up for about $140 on Ebay and work out how to connect the drum to an axle or even just replace the drum with a cog on a shaft to connect to the wheel shaft, with the added benefit of just using a car battery to drive it. Usually the winches also come with remotes as well as a hand held controller.

Having said that I have seen a couple of these caravan boat movers on E-Bay for about $400 ready to go although I do not know how good they are.

I looked at the movers Cat previously mentioned the first series were poor but the 550w gen2 mini movers are suppose to be powerful i was tempted to grab one but that timy 8" wheel on my wet lawn may not work to well

I just found a 16hp ride on mower for a few hundred bux bloke said he uses it to move his 4.2m Dory around

I just bought one of these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorise...79ac%7Ciid%3A1 hopefully it arrives next week i'll try get some video to see if it works on grass

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I just bought one of these https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Motorise...79ac%7Ciid%3A1 hopefully it arrives next week i'll try get some video to see if it works on grass

Good luck I had one of the ratchet type movers and all it wanted to do was spin on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shaungonemad View Post
    Good luck I had one of the ratchet type movers and all it wanted to do was spin on the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have one of those now but the tread spins on the rim, worse case i may need to take 2 wheels off and lay down some ply for the wheel to run along i hope..

glad you went the big 550W, most of them are 350W . be good to see if its a little torque monster

Trouble with most of these things is that they have small wheels, they will tend to dig themselves in unless the ground is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by catshark View Post
    glad you went the big 550W, most of them are 350W . be good to see if its a little torque monster
    Yeah the 350w models have a really bad rep, i think the Gen2 is a Optitec mover just the Optitec is covered with a plastic cover ironically the Gen2 Mini Mover and Optitec are both version 2 of the originals so its a bit coincidental

Quote Originally Posted by EdBerg View Post
    Trouble with most of these things is that they have small wheels, they will tend to dig themselves in unless the ground is hard.
    Yeah thats my worry where my trailer sots now the jockey wheel is on softish grass once the trailer is turned around and on the driveway its all hard dirt up the center i can either run the electric wheel up either drive path and zig zag it from path to path untill in position

Its just trying to turn it around in its current position that will be tricky

Trailer mover?

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Yeah thats my worry where my trailer sots now the jockey wheel is on softish grass once the trailer is turned around and on the driveway its all hard dirt up the center i can either run the electric wheel up either drive path and zig zag it from path to path untill in position

Its just trying to turn it around in its current position that will be tricky

Good luck Gazza I hope it does the job, but I’ve seen and read a bit about these and similar products. People have bought them to move vans and camper trailers and found that unless on solid ground (concrete) and flat they have been almost useless.

Hope yours works for you

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shakey55 View Post
    Good luck Gazza I hope it does the job, but I’ve seen and read a bit about these and similar products. People have bought them to move vans and camper trailers and found that unless on solid ground (concrete) and flat they have been almost useless.

Hope yours works for you

Sent from my iPhone using Ausfish mobile app
    Hey Shakey the first version 350watt motors were the bad models from what i have read they could barely push a 1200kg load on level ground

The version 2 have the upgraded 550watt motor and can move a decent load

I do hope it works i can help assist it with removing 2 of the 4 trailer wheels and i plan on using my keel stringer cut out to lay on tge grass for the wheel to roll on

Could ya not weld a frame up or something Gaz and make something up yourself ?
    I dunno, just throwing it out there. Then you'd only need to by a decent or suitable elecky motor ???.
    you must have some scrap lying around, you've got a welder, but then I probably don't know what I'm talkin about here .
    Something to tinker with while its pissing down....
    Is it an option ?

Col