Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trailer mover?

Re: Trailer mover?

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post
    If gazza has these ideas sober I think the last thing he needs is beer

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app
    We should get him on the rumbos. A few black rats have always helped blokes find enlightenment!

Now that is good advice!

(that he still wont take)
    Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    We should get him on the rumbos. A few black rats have always helped blokes find enlightenment!
    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app

Reversin the trailer and car in will be a stressful event each trip when i bought the boat home as mentioned in my old yard it took a good 30mins of reversing and atlease 8 attempts backing it in

This yard is up hill and the whole rig is much longer

I need a pusher/puller might try invest in a ride on mower or a cheap tatty 4x4 4 wheeler motor bike with a towing attachment

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Can you tow it in forward?

My ride on was bugger all use on a 16ft glass boat so I reckon you'll struggle.

If you must root around with this sort of operation, get a 12v 4wd winch from any of the big box stores when on sale. Concrete a block into the ground and bolt the winch to it. Hook a decent sized battery to it and hook a good charger to it when winching.

This is still a $1K option though. $600 for a winch, $200 for a battery, concrete etc and that doesn't include a decent charger.

Towing it strait in was difficult i had to back up and realign a few times and just got the shits drove in and bent the drain pipe

Save your money and put it towards a proper fuel tank for the boat.

Gunna no money for anything for another 2-4 weeks but being the start of winter whatever cash i can scrape up will go into afterpay for fibreglass supplies and resin so i can keep kicking along while its cold weather

Quote Originally Posted by gunna View Post
    Save your money and put it towards a proper fuel tank for the boat.
    Yes. Do this.

apologies if posted already , 12V motorised jockey wheel mover (graysonline) $361.00

Hey Cat im pretty much set on a Trailer Valet they have all good reviews the only dud reviews on youtube are of guys not reading the instructions on installation

I will just need to get the trailer up as far as i can possibly halfway thru the gates than use the TV cant use it while the trailer is in the front yard as the hill/driveway is too steep the driveway flattens out at the top and i cant reverse once halfway in the yard with next to no clearance

Im hopping once the hull is finished and shes on the new trailer to build a nice long 7-8 meter carport to park the boat under keep her out of the rain

I guess my order of things will be supplies, rego boat and trailer than get the trailer valet last i looked at those chinese electric 12v movers but seen the 350watt version is a update being a updated model they must not be very popular i could only find one or two videos of them on youtube

This is what im up against at the very bottom of my driveway its 13 degrees if i can get the trailer to the top half of my front yard driveway its only 5 degrees that is the max gradient for these electric trailer moverAttachment 121579Attachment 121580

Gazza, you have more tools and gadgets than I can afford and I've been collecting for a while. How do you do it?

Digs im a huge budget person a bit about me i pay all my bills and allow my self $240 a fortnight for food, petrol and dogs food usually only last 1 week than i go very easy for the next week

Big part of my life revolves around budgetting tho not so much i have to buy all no frills food over brand name food but tools are usually cheap tools unless i get bitten buying ozito bunnings rubbish than i buy a cheap brand name

Plus i hardly ever leave the house so i have a bit of free cash

I was also paying $340 a fortnight for renting one room no bills or food included

I may build a trailer mover i found this web site https://www.saferwholesale.com/Searc...&Submit=Search a few people on youtube have built these movers they use trolley, wherl barrow, quad motorbike parts and a regular car winch

The 12,000lb model according to that web side has 616kg of actual pull force from a geared 1600kg winch

They also mention it can be used on dirt and grass

That's odd terminology on that site, it seems that the Regular Price is cheaper than the List Price.