Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trailer mover?

Re: Trailer mover?

Just go old school and put a couple of blocks of wood in the gutter or where ever it is bottoming out. Then the wheels go up and over the timber lifting the crossmember by the thickness of the timber.

This is how it was done with square gutters before nice pretty driveways. It's not rocket science!

CT that would be the easiest option but i am already having to put my foot down just to get the car up that bit of the driveway if im trying to push 1500kg up in reverse anything i put on the driveway the tyres will spit out

Actually thinking about it i could concrete it but unsure if new will bond to old concrete

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

I saw a 12v trailer mover gizmo on Facebook for sale for $150. it said 1,200kg capacity.

I have one kind of on my mind should only take 1 day to build basic 2 mini ride on mower wheels the width of my driveway one axle, weld on a front motor bike sprocket to the shaft connect it to a 100-1 planatary gearbox and use my 18v cordless drill it will just need a 3rd or 4th wheel so the mover does pull over or under

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    CT that would be the easiest option but i am already having to put my foot down just to get the car up that bit of the driveway if im trying to push 1500kg up in reverse anything i put on the driveway the tyres will spit out

Actually thinking about it i could concrete it but unsure if new will bond to old concrete

So bolt the big lumps of timber to whatever flattish shit you can find lying around. Then lay the flat board right across the driveway and peg it down to the lawn on each side with a tent peg or a bit of reo etc.

Or drill two holes in the concrete and drop a long bolt/peg/etc through the timber into the hole to keep it located when you drive over it.

Screw adding extra lumps of concrete. Temporary and easily removable is what you're looking for.

I just looked at the photos again. Is it 2.3 m inside the gates? So how much wider is it once you're in past the gates? The return from the gate post to the neighbours fence looks like at least 300 mm.

Its about 3m once in the gates but i have a tree on one side and the houses wall on the other side so once she comes in it has to come in strait and keep that line

Get out of here with your common sense CT
    Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Just go old school and put a couple of blocks of wood in the gutter or where ever it is bottoming out. Then the wheels go up and over the timber lifting the crossmember by the thickness of the timber.

This is how it was done with square gutters before nice pretty driveways. It's not rocket science!
    Sent from my VOG-L09 using Ausfish mobile app

A mate uses his ride on mower to move his 2t boat around and uphill.
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Its about 3m once in the gates but i have a tree on one side and the houses wall on the other side so once she comes in it has to come in strait and keep that line

3m! Why are we having this conversation? Modify the outer gate post to get more opening then game on. My oversize rollerdoors are only 2.8 wide.

Wahoo's old boat went into his shed with a bloody shoehorn it was that tight.

Its not that easy CT we dont own the house the fence on the side the boat is parked is falling to bits its all rotted pailings falling off if i were to screw around with it they may charge me for repairing the gates and the whole fence

Thats one side the bit to the right is the neighbors fence so basically all i will gain is 1-2 fence pailing widthsAttachment 121267

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post

Wahoo's old boat went into his shed with a bloody shoehorn it was that tight.
    You must be overdue to stop in for a beer if you haven't seen the new boat in the same shed!

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post
    You must be overdue to stop in for a beer if you haven't seen the new boat in the same shed!

Will do for sure.

How the hell did you get it to fit!!

Quote Originally Posted by wahoofishingcrew View Post

If thats meant to be a stab because i didnt buy CT gauges? I have shyed away from all remote private purchases after that fella in france sunk me a f.... gooden so much it put a strike on my credit history

Not saying CT is shady in anyway

its just a personal prefference from now on for me