Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trailer mover?

Re: Trailer mover?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    Wouldn't it be easier to learn how to back a trailer properly.
    Well done mate.

I am well experieced at backing trailers the problem is the long A frame, the 4 points of entry that being 2 gates 1 drain downpipe 1 tree staggered along 10 meters, a boat being 2.07m wide going thru gates that are 2.3m wide

You would have to be a genius to pick that strait line as u have about 7cm clearance on both sides

Combine all the above and i would say 99% of rec fishos wouldnt be able to reverse it unless your a BW truck driver and u reverse the BW trailers your self

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

I reckon legally a tow bar on the front would need engineering in NSW, the nanny state when it comes to car mods, although I know other states are pretty bad too these days. I had one on an old AP6 valiant wagon I owned for years, never needed to use it myself but fellow before me used it to reverse trailer/boat into tight spots. On an older fairlane - no way I would do that for so many reasons, legality being just one.
    Back to the issue at hand, I'm actually finding it hard to understand where we are at at the moment. My take is
    New house , difficult driveway
    One boat on trailer
    Second trailer - wider than boat and other trailer
    Boat and trailer # 1 successfully in yard by driving in and unhooking, car turned around and driven out
    Trailer # 2 now finding a way to reverse it into same yard thru same driveway but clearance an issue
    Was there a reason you couldn't just drive trailer #2 in as well, unload then turn car around again?

Hope I am not confusing the matter more, Maybe I need to take up drinking again, been about 6 weeks since my last :-)

Muz

Hey Muz not enough room in the driveway to fit the fairlane when i took the boat in i had to hook the car to the right hence the boat sitting just off the driveway crooked clothes line might be in the way too i would have to do a 10 point turn just a pain in the ass

As it sits now i still need to turn the boat around and park the alloy trailer out of sight so it doesnt get pinched

I think i need a combination of a 4wd winch for the hill and a electric trailer mover to move the trailer on the flats in the yard no money atm tho so i have some time to work it all out

Would like to pull the trailer by the tow hitch rather than the rear cross member as i see it the design of the cross members are to take a downward force if i were to pull 1.5-2t by the rear CM i reckon it would just rip it off the trailer

All good Gazza, thanks for the explanation.

Gaz

This isn't the long term solution but you can save/figure out a long term solution while you get the project finished. In the short term i would go to Bunnings and get one of these:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/gorilla-...uller_p4211419

And maybe pick up a couple of rated lifting slings while you are in that aisle. Spend $50 total.

Go home and using the tree, the clothesline (assuming Hill Hoist) and the towbar of your car move everything into place. You aren't trying to lift the whole boat off the ground so the load rating will be fine You aren't racing anyone. Take your time, plan each step. Think about what else you need to do ie: eventually get the boat off the old trailer, old trailer out of yard etc etc.Invest some sweat equity into your project and get it sorted. Don't post on the internet until you are done it will just sidetrack you.

Think each step through when you are standing in the yard with the boat, trailer etc etc not while sitting in front of your computer.

When we moved to our current house I was sure I would need a set of car moving dollies to get my camper and tinny in the garage so I went and bought a set before we moved. Only used them once, a bit of practical on the ground experience and I can swing that camper in there by hand.

Cheers Matt

Matt the hand operated puller will work along with the car to swing the boat around i'll give it a go

Lacking cash atm with the whole house moving

Was hopping to get the pod finished to

pic not working that i tried to post removed
    Last edited by Muzza; 28-04-2020 at 10:04 AM. Reason: pic not working

Pic no work Muz

Guys would this even be legal on the road

https://www.towbarsaustralia.com.au/...square-adaptor

And use one of these

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Adjustab...sAAOSwUG1eDUGh

I would say not because it says for ATV’s, farm use ect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Shaun on ebay they say its rated to 1800kg but it doesnt state on either site if its legal

I just need to get the trailer to the top of my driveway than any trailer mover shoyld work

I need a bit of a refresh, the boat is in the backyard, on the old trailer? now you are having trouble getting the new alloy trailer up the driveway with nothing on it?

Yeah the first steel cross member is bottoming out there is a slight rise in the driveway i'll try get a pic

If the trailer is empty, can't you just push it over the hump on the jockey wheel?