Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trailer mover?

Re: Trailer mover?

Rocked up to the new house yesterday to find these at my front door whole packet of smoke filters so someone has visited my new house... this is why i cant park the boat on the front lawn or street it'll get knocked offAttachment 121150

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Ausfish Silver Member

I had an old FJ45 Landcruiser ute 25 years ago to tow my Bertram 25. I had a tow tongue fitted to the front bull bar, and I could put that boat into any parking place in low range 1st...

I think that would be highly illegal in todays world in nsw giddy a cop would sting me for it being a protrusion possibly in a accident it would seriously hurt someone if i were to run them over

You don't leave it there full time Gazza. Use a slide in tongue. Plenty do it.

Correct, you see lots of them around, old 4X4 with a tow ball on the front, plenty are just welded to a steel bull bar, it's much easier to direct the trailer, but it's hard to see the sides, because you are so close, and have no mirrors, my mate used to get his boat into a very tight spot like this, but he mounted one of the curved mirrors to the corner of the house so he could see the back of the boat.

I think the puller from the mullberry tree is the way to go maybe a big motor bike sprocket welded to a car wheel rim connected to a high torque starter motor and chain driven

The car rims width should be able to spool 60 meters of braided line and the diameter should give me some pulling torque

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    I think the puller from the mullberry tree is the way to go maybe a big motor bike sprocket welded to a car wheel rim connected to a high torque starter motor and chain driven

The car rims width should be able to spool 60 meters of braided line and the diameter should give me some pulling torque

why muck around with all that, when you can buy a 4wd winch. they are cheap nowadays!

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    why muck around with all that, when you can buy a 4wd winch. they are cheap nowadays!
    This is a Gaz thread, the path is not straight nor the journey easy.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by ericcs View Post
    Cant spool 60 meters on a 4wd winch but that may be the route i go

60m is a long block Gazza, unless my maths is wrong we had a 33m and it was fair depth. I'm sure you'll sort it out, always seem to get there and we always get to see many possible options along the way which is great. Best of luck with it mate
    Muz

Gazza, Can't remember who, I'd have to look back, but someone else earlier mentioned the tow bar on the front as well.
    If it were me, that's the easy route I'd be going definitely....
    Only seen one set up like that before at an old camping ground we used to stay at, worked an absolute treat..

Go the easy way on this one Gazza, I recon it will end up being the best option as well....

Col

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Cant spool 60 meters on a 4wd winch but that may be the route i go

you can get winch mounts that attach to a towbar!

Wouldn't it be easier to learn how to back a trailer properly.

Hey Col i dont wanna mess up the ford and have stuff welded or bolted on its a really nice original classic car

Eric i never even thought of using the car as the which post thats a great idea