Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trailer mover?

Re: Trailer mover?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    Tie the dogs up, remove post on house with gate still attached, take boat up the back, refit post and gate, untie dogs, job done.
    And be done in an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Eric its probably a good 60 meters from the driveway to where i want to park the boat if i pull it by winch i have no way of steering the boat and no way of spooling that kind of rope on a winch, i donno how fast winches work but 60 meters surely will take time?

I would also need to pull the trailer from the back some how definetly not pulling the aluminium trailer by the last cross member

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

surely you have 1 friend you can call on to steer the jockey wheel?

Me and my cousin are going to reverse it in let u know how it pans out

Sell Fairlane, get 4wd with manual hubs so you can use low range on hard surfaces. Surprising how much easier it is when you don't have to ride clutches or give it the beans. Next option as mentioned is a 240 volt ramp winch and a jockey wheel you can attach a handle to so you leverage to steer. I have about the same clearance getting in and out of my shed. Once you get some reference points, it's not that hard.

Thanks Scott new to winches never actually thought there would be a 240v model unless your talking about a crane lifting winch? Like the ones on gantry cranes?

I will have a look its a good idea but its out there, 60m of line and if she snaps and whips the house im in big doodoo

just get some dyneema if you are worried about it Gazza. Zero chance it will damage a house. Even with wire it would be under a fairly minimal load just winching a boat up the driveway. It won't be super quick but you are after control in a tight situation - speed is the enemy.

Will update tomorrow but yup a pulling system from the mulberry tree will work

Lets say the clearance is fa its absolutely nothing when u get the big girl in there

Scraped the down pipe abit pissed about it and on that trailer fmd she weighs a huge amount didnt get over 50

I reckon that trailer has to be 500kg or more

These things may be good for a 300kg tinny but absolute worthless rubbish even on flat level land it moved all of 5cmAttachment 121148

Happy to say the boat is at the new house i never removed the bunks just strapped her down surprizing the bunks never moved on the trip over speed humps turning corners etc..

The old v8 ford has a ton of take off power that thing takes off like a tractor but the whole load felt heavy needing quiet a bit of throttle to get over 50kph

I would have a guess and say on that trailer the load is over 1.5T

Old mates had a freedom sport 5.3m with a 115 yammie on a single axle trailer and my boat would weigh a good 35% more easy

So the boat is up the back of the new house?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    So the boat is up the back of the new house?
    Yeah i drove strait up into the yard detached the trailer than turned the car around and drove out, boat is in a shit position but we plan on hand moving it and turning it around

Took about 30mins to get it in the yard driving strait in and i clipped tge fence and the drain pipe i had about 7cm clearance on both sides extremely hard to get her thru the narrow passage just inside the gates

OK, that was an earlier suggestion, shouldn't be too hard to shuffle it around, even that hand mover gizmo might work?

The boat weighs that much the tyre on the mover is spinning there is atlease 200kg on the towball the little mover wheel just doesnt work for this kind of load it moved the boat 5cm and thats a 45cm breaker bar the BR is even hard to move the boat is just really heavy

Im wondering how the winch would work pulling the trailrr up into the yard the majority of braid rope would be rubbing on the ground if it were to rub and break oh lord... 1.5t of boat and trailer rolling at probably 35kph untill it hits something

Still trying to work this out, the clearance between the gates the drain the small tree the fence and gates.. plus the boat being so long its a really fine line and its hard to judge as the hull 1/3rd the way from the bow flairs out

Forgot to mention once the boat is in the yard i have to get it out too another mission without tearing the gates down

I may have to buy a caravan mover for while the boats up on the flat land

What about the front yard? What sort of street is it, can you park it there? as long as you don't add stuff to the trailer to make it wider, then you will get it out just like you got it in, get boat to the driveway, back up car and tow it out forward.

Front yard or out the street is a no go especially not after those 2 guys on my cctv 6 months ago at my current house, up here anything of value has a ticket on it, i am wortied just parking my car on the street at the new place

Our tap out the front is between the driveway and the grass area and the whole front yard is on a downslope

Only place to park is behind the gates as my disabled mum will need to park in the driveway as close as possible to the front door