Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fuel tank sizing

Re: fuel tank sizing

deleted personal photo's

Could you put a block of wood at the end between the tank and that wall and just screw the block down in place, as well as adding a couple of straps over the top?

Hey Col the older model seadoo jetskis with plastic tanks use to be held down by rubber straps they were anchored both sides and slung up over the tank

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

deleted info

There doesnt appear to be much space above the tank for a floor. As to the sides, a few bits of tapered seaboard with lots of Sika will hold it in place.just put them where the baffles are.
    I doubt you meed a strap across the top. Maybe something to cushion the tank against the foor.

deleted info

I personally would not use any sort of webbing because it will probably deteriorate over time and if the tank does move at all, even a little bit, it may just wear through as webbing can stretch, I would be inclined to make a 50mm x 6mm ally strap that is screwed down. You don't have to be "mush wave jumping" as you put it, but going through rough seas may have the tank trying to go up and down as well as in all directions. a tank that size probably weighs about 150Kg including fuel so it a fair amount of weight.

photo deleted

Any rubber you use ensure you have a good layer of sika between it and your ally tank. Any moisture gets in there and you will have a reaction with pin holes happening real soon.

personal photo deleted

deleted personal photo's