Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: fuel tank sizing

Re: fuel tank sizing

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Hi Sam, Yes, my well has a drainage hole at the back.
    I might see what I have in the factory, I was only thinking hpde as a neutral substrate under neath the tank, I may have something in alum to suit.
    Hopefully get some time tomorrow for a bit more wiring work, then get the tank measured....

Col
    Col, So long as air/water can't get between the HDPE and the tank. Plenty of sika.

personal info deleted

personal details deleted

Col when u take off and the fuel sloshes to the back of the tank its going to force fuel out of your breathers and at a high rate thats why they go on the front of the tank

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

personal info deleted

Never knew breathers were so fancy lol

My breather on my diy tank will just be going up the front of the tank just a small nipple i'll run the hose down under my tank up to the outlet, only 49L should be ok

The only difference would be the volume of fuel that would potentially be in the front breather if the tank was full. If it's an issue down the track, an expansion tank would sort it out. Should only be an issue when you fill the boat bow down and then wind the jockey wheel up quickly with a full tank (assuming there is an air pocket). I can get a bit of fuel out of my breather if I do this. My breather is effectively internal as it sits in a recess moulded into the tank.

Just installed my new tank made by Al from Seatrek, 200 litre tank, 2 breathers both internal, one from the front other at the rear of the tank. Well made, filled it yesterday and the fuel pump clicked off when full without fuel pissing out the breathers like my last tank. Fuel tanks are sn enigma for me as it seems everyone has their own opinions and more urban myths exist around them than anything else. Al makes his own boats including the fuel tanks snd all SS work and has so many return customers and I have faith in his work .

removed info

removed info

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Having not yet decided on outboard size,,,
    Will running a 10mm ( internal hose size) fuel line be sufficient up to say a 150 hp ??.
    I know some of the smaller outboards get away with smaller hoses, I want to ensure if I instead go larger HP , the new tank covers this..
    I recall somewhere, that you can use 5/16th up to a 115 hp, but 3/8 was suitable for anything bigger.
    Don't want to muck this option up LOL...

Col
    Mine is 10mm running a 150hp 4st Yammie. You'll probably find that your external fuel filter has a 3/8 fitting so that will be your limiting factor.

removed info

deleted MY personal photo's

Tank looks really nice Col i take it you used the saw pictured to sell a leg to buy the tank?