Classifieds

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

  1. #1

    Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Skimming through the last 4 weeks of 3 facebook groups just in Sydney

    This shit is so wrong i dont care if u have 30 mouths to feed or if u can eat 10 fish by your self

    Fish dont grow over night to edible sizes, this kind of fisging is decamating our wildstocks

    F... infuriates me and i do standup and say something byt post get deleted

  2. #2

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    I hear you Gazza. I only take what I and maybe the Missus can eat that day/night. Frozen fish - may as well eat fish fingers.
    That said, I'm such a crap fisho, it's rarely an issue....

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  3. #3

    Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Look like charter catches and as long as itís within the bag limits who cares
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......


  4. #4

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Yeah nothing wrong with that


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Weather dictates fish stocks ask Bluefin 59 how many days it blows 20to30knots in Cooktown ,they caught there feed but will they catch that again and remember 10% of fisherman catch 90% of the fish not everyone is doing that every time they go fishing.

  6. #6

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Weather dictates fish stocks ask Bluefin 59 how many days it blows 20to30knots in Cooktown ,they caught there feed but will they catch that again and remember 10% of fisherman catch 90% of the fish not everyone is doing that every time they go fishing.
    4 out of 4 trips like this but your right 7 months of the year are near unfishable outside ,Iím heading back up in February for 6 months or so
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......


  7. #7

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    I have no issues with these photos as long as they are within the law. Work and weather aligning is already a tough thing for most Recs let alone he current bag limits that have no real reason behind them.

    NSW fisheries regs are curious to me. Can take small squire and flat head but canít throw a cast net for bait. Whatís with that?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  8. #8

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Imo our bag limits are a sad joke 20 fish per person is just way to much it should be 5-8 fish per person capped at 15 per boat

    3 blokes on a boat can harvest 60 fish of one species that is just ridiculous

  9. #9

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Up here in qld Gazza if it was a 8 fish bag limit 8 diver whiting is a snack not a feed and would never feed a family.

  10. #10

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Iím not a fan of boat limits at all. Gazza what is your basis for determining 20 fish per person is too much.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

  11. #11

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    I just look at our bag limits they have come down quiet a lot https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/r...nd-size-limits

    Still not happy on the fladhead and yellow tail king fish bag limits

    5x king fish over 65cm per person that is ahuge amount of fish meat

  12. #12

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Imo our bag limits are a sad joke 20 fish per person is just way to much it should be 5-8 fish per person capped at 15 per boat

    3 blokes on a boat can harvest 60 fish of one species that is just ridiculous
    Gazza, the 20 fish in Qld refers to Coral Fin Fish in total not a single species i.e. you still have individual fish limits like 5 cod, 6 tuskies etc. This limit can be extended as snapper pearl perch and a few other fish fall outside the Coral Fin Fish group of fish.
    I don't mind the limits although the science behind them can be flawed. Most of my fish goes to neighbours and friends so that they can have a decent feed as many of them are widows whose husbands used to fish. I keep just enough to feed the missus and myself for 1 meal.

  13. #13

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Gazza, Flathead limits went from 20 to ten in NSW a while back which is halved!!

    Ten flathead feeding a family of 5, drop off a couple to parents. That does not go much more than one. maybe two meals at most. A lot of people have to work through the week, and with fluctuating weather, may get a fish in every fortnight. So one or 2 meals every 2 weeks is not a lot in reality.
    Sure, if you have 4 people on board and turn up with 40 at the table it looks like a lot, but break it down. And remember the big ones legally have to go back.
    Cheers
    Muz

  14. #14

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Gazza, the 20 fish in Qld refers to Coral Fin Fish in total not a single species i.e. you still have individual fish limits like 5 cod, 6 tuskies etc. This limit can be extended as snapper pearl perch and a few other fish fall outside the Coral Fin Fish group of fish.
    I don't mind the limits although the science behind them can be flawed. Most of my fish goes to neighbours and friends so that they can have a decent feed as many of them are widows whose husbands used to fish. I keep just enough to feed the missus and myself for 1 meal.
    Hey Digs we use to have the 20 limit on a lot of our fish range but fisheries has lowered that number now im a bit happier seeing the bag limit today but not stoked intirely i still think theres room for improvement like 1 jew fish but 5 king fish?

  15. #15

    Re: Skimming through last 4 weeks 3 facebook groups

    Quote Originally Posted by Muzza View Post
    Gazza, Flathead limits went from 20 to ten in NSW a while back which is halved!!

    Ten flathead feeding a family of 5, drop off a couple to parents. That does not go much more than one. maybe two meals at most. A lot of people have to work through the week, and with fluctuating weather, may get a fish in every fortnight. So one or 2 meals every 2 weeks is not a lot in reality.
    Sure, if you have 4 people on board and turn up with 40 at the table it looks like a lot, but break it down. And remember the big ones legally have to go back.
    Cheers
    Muz
    Hey Muzz not sure how much fish u wanna eat but lets say 10 flatties at 45cm thats 20 fillets, family of 5 (2 adults 3 children) 2 fillets per adult a fillet a child still leaves 13 fillets

    I donno how much fish people eat but for me 1x fillet from a 45cm flatty would be plenty with chips or squid

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Join us