Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Technical approach to barra fishing.

Re: Technical approach to barra fishing.

Thanks to a continuing campaign of harassment by a couple of forum members, this message content has been deleted by Ronje.

Thanks to a continuing campaign of harassment by a couple of forum members, this message content has been deleted by Ronje.

A cat fish can detect a signiture from a guppy that has pasted 50seconds early and track it down to eat it so were dose colour come into things in that situation ,that's a quote from Saltwater flyfishing mag science articile US issue, forget the year but have the mag ,so colour dose not matter when a fish has the ability to pick up on vibes from what has moved passed weither it be lateral line or whiskers.

Question why dosen't Bomber lures make a orange and Red lures then, they made there name here on metalic gold in dirty water which you don't mention only orange and red.

Righto Ronnie, lets test the system.

Barra opener is a week away. The Fitzroy is currently filthy with water hyacinth everywhere having washed down from the freshwater reaches. We'll be three days after the moon with the low at Port Alma at 18:09, or about 20:33 at the barrage. Alternatively, if we’re stuck at work and have to wait until Saturday, we’ll be on the neaps with low at Port Alma at 11:22, or at the barrage at 13:31.

Let’s say I’m an average punter with a small tinny, an electric and a reasonable side scan sonar. I’ve got a mix of hard bodies, vibes and soft plastics and a cast net.

So, where do I go, and what do I do?

Cheers
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by CT View Post
    Righto Ronnie, lets test the system.

Barra opener is a week away. The Fitzroy is currently filthy with water hyacinth everywhere having washed down from the freshwater reaches. We'll be three days after the moon with the low at Port Alma at 18:09, or about 20:33 at the barrage. Alternatively, if we’re stuck at work and have to wait until Saturday, we’ll be on the neaps with low at Port Alma at 11:22, or at the barrage at 13:31.

Let’s say I’m an average punter with a small tinny, an electric and a reasonable side scan sonar. I’ve got a mix of hard bodies, vibes and soft plastics and a cast net.

So, where do I go, and what do I do?

Cheers
    Craig
    Poo Brown Nilsmaster Spearhead. Cast into any body of water.

Here endth the lesson

Matt

I thought you just followed the X.

Quote Originally Posted by shortthenlong View Post
    Poo Brown Nilsmaster Spearhead. Cast into any body of water.

Here endth the lesson

Matt
    Now hang on a minute. I remember one trip where the poo brown spearhead had a barra leap out of the water boatside to have a crack. Doesn't this suggest that I don't need water much less to actually cast the lure??

Now hang on a minute. I remember one trip where the poo brown spearhead had a barra leap out of the water boatside to have a crack. Doesn't this suggest that I don't need water much less to actually cast the lure??
    That particular fish hadn't read the thesis or extra powerful lateral lines. Isn't always going to be the case so probably best to at least be near water.

Matt

Did all the content just get deleted out of this thread? I'm sure it was there yesterday when I posted about putting a plan together for barra opener in a weeks time?

Did all the content just get deleted out of this thread? I'm sure it was there yesterday when I posted about putting a plan together for barra opener in a weeks time?
    Nothings changed by the sounds of it, can't handle a little bit of criticism.

now what am i going to read old Steve Starling fishing world mags about floating around the fitzroy in a blow up tube thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    now what am i going to read old Steve Starling fishing world mags about floating around the fitzroy in a blow up tube thanks guys.
    I’m gunna have to throw herring under the wharf again on my hand line again bugger all the technical crap ,throw it in and hang on
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    I’m gunna have to throw herring under the wharf again on my hand line again bugger all the technical crap ,throw it in and hang on

I’m almost ready
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......