Thread: Evinrude 5hp fourstroke

Evinrude 5hp fourstroke

so my sister has been looking for a little two stroke to power her punt for crabbing, flicking thru gumtree and i see this evinrude 5hp for $350 and send her the link without even reading it.. hours later she told me she bought it but now thinks it is to heavy for her punt. i wheel around to her place and see that its a 2000 model fourstroke ... so what i need to no is there are no gills on the leg to put ear muffs to flush, i just put it in a bucket of water and started it and runs fine, shoots water but where is the pickup? i didnt know there was small fourstrokes around the year 2000 so was a eye opener for me...so yeah its way too heavy for her punt as it feels like it is about 45kg when i carry it so im thinking of buying it of her and putting it on a little devil cat punt .....ill have to learn how to post photos to showcase this epic build

Re: Evinrude 5hp fourstroke

I had a 8hp yamaha on a 3 meter bermuder flat bottom tinny little thing f.... flew lol was very stable too i installed a mad bait tank in that little thing

That may be a suzuki engine that your sister has

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Re: Evinrude 5hp fourstroke

like most outboards that don't have through the hub exhaust, the exhaust outlet is the tube above the prop. on the side of that, you will see a skinny gauze screen, this is the pickup!