Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corona Fishing Advice March 2020

Exclamation Corona Fishing Advice March 2020

attached below
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Corona Fishing Advice March 2020

I wish we had that option here in Mexico (south of the border)

The Maritime Safety Victoria stance is don’t go at all because it puts emergency services at risk IF you need assistance, and the general health warnings etc.

On a slightly positive note I just added 5 months lay up to my insurance and the premium went from $75 to $21 a month.
    But that of course means no boating for me

From MSV

To help slow the spread of coronavirus, we recommend you cancel planned boating activities this weekend. Recreational boating is a non-essential activity.
    The advice to Victorians is clear: if you can stay home, you must stay home. Your exposure to others while refuelling, buying bait or being rescued in the event of an incident may contribute to the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
    This is tough. But each of us are being asked to make sacrifices to save lives.
    Take care everyone. Stay up to date with the latest health advice from DHHS: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus Better Boating Victoria Victorian Fisheries Authority Victoria Police Parks Victoria Life Saving Victoria

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: Corona Fishing Advice March 2020

I’m fishing out of my kayak in protected waters. No contact with others and I won’t breakdown or need a tow. Also it’s my exercise so fits in with that as well

Advice as of now is to cancel all holidays. This would seem to include fishing trips.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    I’m fishing out of my kayak in protected waters. No contact with others and I won’t breakdown or need a tow. Also it’s my exercise so fits in with that as well
    Mmm! Seem to recall an incident on BPD where a cable flicked over your rudder and you were virtually going around in circles 🤪🤪 although where you currently fish you could get out and walk.

Yeah I would be a bit careful....unless you live out in whoop-whoop.....

I don't think you will do yourself too many favours driving to a launch point on the sunshine coast and going for a paddle when every boat ramp is shut and people told to stay at home unless absolutely necessary.....…

You might want to wear a helmet..

Funchy u look like an older bloke not having a go at you but what if u fall out of the yak and cant get back in, what if u have a heart attack or something along those lines, possibly heat stroke and u need assistance?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Latest, I guess I'll be sorting my shed out and doing that painting I've been trying to ignore.

Queensland#has announced a state of emergency, and along with enforcing the two-person limit, residents are now only allowed to leave their home for one of eight essential reasons. These are, to obtain food or other essential goods or services, to receive medical care, to exercise, to go to work at an essential business, to visit a terminally ill relative or attend a funeral, to care for immediate family members, to attend court or to go to childcare, school or university. Police can issue fines for non-compliance.

convenient ,just after the council election ,as long as you take family or by yourself its a form of exercise .

Quote Originally Posted by sjp2 View Post
    convenient ,just after the council election ,as long as you take family or by yourself its a form of exercise .
    Unless they close the ramps as they have in some places in NSW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
    Latest, I guess I'll be sorting my shed out and doing that painting I've been trying to ignore.

Queensland#has announced a state of emergency, and along with enforcing the two-person limit, residents are now only allowed to leave their home for one of eight essential reasons. These are, to obtain food or other essential goods or services, to receive medical care, to exercise, to go to work at an essential business, to visit a terminally ill relative or attend a funeral, to care for immediate family members, to attend court or to go to childcare, school or university. Police can issue fines for non-compliance.
    Fishing: exercise- tick, and obtaining food- tick. I'll do a bit further research but i think we're ok to do offshore fishing trips still in QLD.

UPDATE: ALL Boating in QLD is officially off the cards until further notice!!!! see the following link for more info:

https://www.publications.qld.gov.au/...vid-19-updates

click on 30/3 update

This is a RORT!!!!

Recreational boating into Queensland
    As at 1200 today three recreational ships arrived from NSW and are in self-quarantine at anchor in South East Queensland. One recreational ship is in self-quarantine at anchor in Far North Queensland.

While recreational boating within Queensland has not been specifically covered in government announcements as yet, it is clear that ever-tightening restrictions are being applied to limit the spread of COVID-19 – recreational boating will be affected.

As from Sunday, 29 March federal government direction is that public gatherings are restricted to no more than two persons, excluding household members, and that people should stay home unless they are shopping for essentials, receiving medical care, exercising or travelling to work or education. This applies to all activities that are not specifically exempted – boating is NOT.

In line with this, the
    Queensland government has advised that all non-essential gatherings should not go ahead and the government’s Chief Health Officer has directed that, as from 11.59 pm on Sunday, 29 March a person who resides in Queensland must not leave their principal place of residence except for, and only to the extent reasonably necessary to accomplish an itemised set of permitted circumstances.

The only ‘permitted circumstance’ in line with the Government which might reasonably be considered to include recreational boating is that of physical exercise. Unless you intend to go onto our waterways as part of your overall physical exercise regime, which is most reasonably interpreted as boating in a non-powered craft(ie paddle or such) you should not be undertaking any non-essential movement in line with government directions.

Whoa... hang on - apparently there might be an exemption for fishing. Hang tight until 1500 for another update !!! have had a chat with QLD water police and they are mentioning they will not issue a fine - yet but there is a clarification about to be issued.

And we are done!

Absolute madness, should not apply to boating as long as there are no more than two on board..