Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corona Fishing Advice March 2020

Re: Corona Fishing Advice March 2020

I am going fishing Monday in the creek with the son. Two in the boat and try and get away from this madness we are all in at present. Trying to keep some sanity after loosing work and not knowing when the world will return to normal. Going fishing can't be as stupid as voting in the Queensland elections on the weekend. Went fishing with son last Friday and had a great time away from all the shit. Everyone look after themselves

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Thanks for the reply Funchy i've always worried about having heart complications out on the water and being solo

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    Yeah fair enough. I kayak fish a fair bit and don’t have to stray too far from my launch spot. To be honest it would be harder on my ticker being stuck here at home with 3 women so there’s that mate

if I didn’t go kayak fishing and decided to go for a walk around the block and my ticker gave out it’s not really that much of a difference with regards to the impact I’d have on resources dealing with it.

Common sense has prevailed i think with the boating/fishing thing. It’s up to us as fishos to not f*** it up by abusing it or not following the social distance and number on boat.

just my 2c

stay safe and sane everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Funchy View Post
    Yeah fair enough. I kayak fish a fair bit and don’t have to stray too far from my launch spot. To be honest it would be harder on my ticker being stuck here at home with 3 women so there’s that mate

if I didn’t go kayak fishing and decided to go for a walk around the block and my ticker gave out it’s not really that much of a difference with regards to the impact I’d have on resources dealing with it.

Common sense has prevailed i think with the boating/fishing thing. It’s up to us as fishos to not f*** it up by abusing it or not following the social distance and number on boat.

just my 2c

stay safe and sane everyone
    Gazza, don't believe him. The women in his life are awesome and he wouldn't trade them for anything. But having said that, he does take his dogs out in the boat a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Fishing and boating was never banned in qld. Only boating as a social, fishing in any form be it in a boat or not, is allowed as is boating for essential travel for those who live on islands or live on boats.
    Ppl should read the official broadcasts from gov. It is clear, and i cant see why ppl are so confused. Dont take my word on it either, look it up. Here is somewhere to start : https://www.msq.qld.gov.au/About-us/...ment-Direction
    A small copy/paste ;
    *Queensland’s Chief Health Officer has been very clear—if you don’t need to be out then stay at home.
    *That is now the law.
    *The same rules that apply on land also apply in our waterways, bays and out at sea.
    **If you’re looking for a loophole to leave the home, then you probably shouldn’t be heading out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Ausfish mobile app

You can go fishing for food just stick to the local water ways it's on that website you posted.

Anyhowz , did we all get a feed of Fish wetting a line over the Easter Break ??..

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Anyhowz , did we all get a feed of Fish wetting a line over the Easter Break ??..
    We fished the passage yesterday and today, sunday was magic weather wise, no wind, today was supposed to be the best day but there was a stiff southerly blowing all morning, they got it wrong both days wind wise, and we brought home 5 good flathead yesterday and 3 today, my wife cleaned up bagging 4 yesterday and a big diamond trevally, while I flick plastics she just drifts with a white bait on a little 3 gang rig and lifts it off the bottom every 10 seconds or so, very few boats out yesterday but heaps today..

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    We fished the passage yesterday and today, sunday was magic weather wise, no wind, today was supposed to be the best day but there was a stiff southerly blowing all morning, they got it wrong both days wind wise, and we brought home 5 good flathead yesterday and 3 today, my wife cleaned up bagging 4 yesterday and a big diamond trevally, while I flick plastics she just drifts with a white bait on a little 3 gang rig and lifts it off the bottom every 10 seconds or so, very few boats out yesterday but heaps today..
    Onya mate , agree with weather at least afternoon wise . We didnt do too band saturday , 3 Grunter Two salmon and aprox 8 Whiting .. Stuff all yesterday (Sunday) and should have stayed home but the Sillybox has been driving me bonkers with this Caroonervirus shyte being telecast non stop..
    Even Home n Away is starting to look better than that lol..
    Keep waking up each day thinking "Feck Same ole Dream again" to realise it aint a dream but maybe fair dinkum!!??, turn on the sillybox and yep sure as shyte its fer real!!!!..

Anyone see that rescue in tassie a few days ago by the helicopter? Silly boy he was one out but takes many more lives to save a life he should have been at home with his family

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Cops hit Donybrook and ran rego plates and if there wasn't a 45 in there post code they got a $1300 fine they caught 5 guys in a boat and they were from the south side so the story goes, so watch out were you travel too to have a fish.

It's not rocket science Chris, but apparently people cannot read or measure.. doh !
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by chris69 View Post
    Cops hit Donybrook and ran rego plates and if there wasn't a 45 in there post code they got a $1300 fine they caught 5 guys in a boat and they were from the south side so the story goes, so watch out were you travel too to have a fish.
    Interesting - so I wonder what constitutes local waters around Brisbane eg: from say Indooroopilly, could you go over to fisherman island or pinkenba? Given they would be the closest ramps to go catch a feed. Obviously Jindalee is the closest in the river but I wouldn't eat anything caught there (bull sharks or catfish) lol

Thoughts?

Yes I can understand the conundrum over this because if your near to the water its easier but if your further away it make its harder, were I work someone said that someone got into the sh$t for going to the dump because it wasn't essential were fishing for food is, coming back to the boat ramp and finding a fine on the windscreen and then having to fight it puts a bummer on the days fishing, ring your local cop shop and ask.

I am yet to see any official release that defines without any ambiguity what is "local"

additionally It appears that you need to justify "being essential" if you get caught & issued an infringement .

In lot's of way's I'm feeling that the authorities are deliberately keeping the regulations ambiguous ….. to either deter people from going out or enabling police to issue infringements

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

All this good weather and the "confined to locale area" stuff is bloody killing me parked up in Toowoomba, if your local to the deep blue go get a feed and stay safe all. All the eeltail's in the creek on my block have been caught at least 2 or 3 times by the young fella in the last month and their even going into lockdown now, might have to start on the spanglies if we cant hit the spaniards soon!.