Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Corona Fishing Advice March 2020

Re: Corona Fishing Advice March 2020

Quote Originally Posted by JEWIENEWIE View Post
    What about in nsw? Whats the go there. My kids have been holed up for a couple of weeks and have been asking if we can go out in the boat. I have been telling them no, not at this stage. I will not need to go to servo to get fuel, have bait in the freezer, will go straight to the ramp, if people there wait till they have dispersed then go put the pots out and a quick fish.........? As i live in Byron which has been loaded with backpackers completely showing disregard for the situation, i feel it 100% safer going out to get some crabs and fish for dinner instead of heading into town to go to the local Aldie or Woolies...... by far...
    NO NO NO NO …..

https://preview.nsw.gov.au/covid-19

Stay at home

You must stay at home unless you are going to

• work (where you can’t work remotely)
    • school or an educational institution
    • shop for food and essentials
    • get medical care or supplies
    • exercise.

You may only leave home with a reasonable excuse, including to

• avoid injury or illness or escape a risk of harm
    • deal with emergencies or on compassionate grounds
    • access childcare
    • provide care or assistance (including personal care) to a vulnerable person or to provide emergency assistance
    • attend a wedding or funeral (subject to 5 and 10 person limits)
    • move to a new place of residence, or between your different places of residence
    • donate blood
    • undertake legal obligations
    • access social services, employment services, services provided to victims (including as victims of crime), domestic violence services, and mental health services
    • continue existing arrangements for access to, and contact between, parents and children for children who do not live in the same household as their parents or one of their parents
    • go to a place of worship or to provide pastoral care if you are a priest, minister of religion or member of a religious order.

Penalties for breaching orders

Breach of orders made under the Public Health Act 2010 is a criminal offence and attracts heavy penalties.
    In the case of an individual, the maximum penalty is $11,000, or imprisonment for 6 months, or both and a further $5500 penalty may apply for each day the offence continues. The NSW Police may also issue on-the-spot fines of $1000 for an offence.
    In the case of any corporation, the maximum penalty is $55,000 and a further $27,500 penalty may apply for each day the offence continues.

Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    It's a Qld thing

While boating hasn't been banned ……. to quote

“There’s no reason for anyone to be taking the boat out unless it’s for essential travel to get to work, to and from your home, to local shops for provisions or catching fish for your family.

http://statements.qld.gov.au/Stateme...se-to-continue

I wonder how long this will remain the case ……. it's one big mixed message

So you can go for a fish - to feed the family ……. so what about those that fish catch & release ? If you don't intend to catch a fish & keep it …. then you shouldn't be out in a boat - according to the guidelines

I would be surprised if this remains the case for very long ?

Chris
    yeah I think its a loophole provided to not antagonise coastal aboriginal settlements like Yarrabah near Cairns where they are always out zooming around after Turtle, Dugong and Fish..and rec boaties will use it as an excuse to go out..

I also cant see it lasting for offshore boating..

With local VMR not manning radios, in case of an emergency, you have to first call the police or emergency services who will in turn get the old VMR volunteers to launch the boat to come get you...

I don't see that as an acceptable or responsible practise especially up here where many boats will be heading 50-80kms offshore this weekend...

I was reading today that over 60 doctors have died so far in Italy with no mention of how many other health workers affected..

Why potentially put others at risk at this time.....just go chuck a line off the bank or in the estuaries...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gazza2006au View Post
    Funchy u look like an older bloke not having a go at you but what if u fall out of the yak and cant get back in, what if u have a heart attack or something along those lines, possibly heat stroke and u need assistance?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app
    This could happen with or without COVID19. Also I fish in less than a meter of water

Fishing is now allowed in NSW again.

Fair Dinkum.....?

Ausfish Bronze Member Red October's Avatar

I never stopped. Just got back after catching about a dozen mackerel. Kept 2 for FOOD and the others were returned. I classed the returns as EXERCISE it was pretty tiring reeling them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    Does it specify whats allowed...

IMO there is a big difference between fishing off the bank or in an estuary and offshore boating where you are reliant on a 3rd part to for rescue in the event of a breakdown..

Thanks for the reply Funchy i've always worried about having heart complications out on the water and being solo

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

You could also have a spaz attack off the bank/shore , does that mean no ambo or Doctor should come to your aid ?? . Your sanity may be the next thing one should look after and for some not being allowed a little stress relief may be worse than Covid-19 itself ??, dunno just a thought .
    Or you could start listening to the Missus about what needs cleaning around the house like your Garage Roller doors , ever seen how much gunk sticks to them and needs a cleanoff !!?/...
    Tidy up your Rodcollection , around your PC .. etc etc.. That should keep one busy for the next twelve months surley??

Quote Originally Posted by JEWIENEWIE View Post
    Fair Dinkum.....?
    April 1st ….. ?
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie123 View Post
    Actually yes..no..maybe so...LOL....clear as mud...!

nsw fishing rules.JPG

a caller rang up 4bc this afternoon who claimed hes was out fishing with his son on a boat and the water police told him to go home not allowed . not sure of the truth of it or where it was

Quote Originally Posted by disorderly View Post
    actually yes..no..maybe so...lol....clear as mud...!

nsw fishing rules.JPG
    ffs ….. Fishing covid-19.jpg
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

So its essential for everybody to stay at home...big fines for those who disobey..!

Do NOT sunbake or read a book by yourself in a park..

Do NOT go to the beach..dont even dare look at a beach...

Do NOT camp in a national park..

But Ok if you want hit tackleworld and go fill up your boat at a servo , grab some ice and launch from a congested ramp so you can go out in your boat frolicking around then go for it....but only if you eat your fish...this will stop the corona virus from getting you..!

But yesterday the "science" and the Chief Health Officers directive was that fishing was an unacceptable risk and not allowed..

https://www.facebook.com/7NEWSCairns...1793912690903/

So if you DO want to hang out at the beach or anywhere else just make sure to have a handline with you...

man I give up...I just don't understand politics at all..

Meanwhile in Victoria...…

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews today warned people would cop hefty on-the-spot fines if they left the house for "non-essential" reasons.The fines include $1652 for individuals and $9913 for businesses under Victorian law.Victoria Police confirmed nine fines had been issued in the past 24 hours, taking the total to 10 in the state.

As stated, all States have their own directives as far as fishing and boating is concerned.

There is no doubt, in Qld, you can go fishing locally and take an ( 1 ) immediate family member.

NO C & R is allowed.

As at 1st April 2020

Minister Mark Bailey.............

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here